Have you been looking for an inexpensive but creative gift for the people on your list? Try this Epsom Salts Room Freshener. This is great for clients and people on your list who you want to give a gift to but don’t know what to get them or can’t get them a gift over a certain amount. They work especially well in office cubicles, small rooms, bathrooms, dorms, and dining rooms.
What You Will Need
- Epsom Salts
- Essential Oils – 2 or 3 of your favorites
- Funnel (for pouring salts into container)
- Container (we prefer Mason Jars but you can use any container)
What You Will Do
- Pour Epsom Salts into the Container
- Mix in 10 – 15 drops of your favorite essential oils
- Stir well to mix up the scents
- Put cover onto jar and poke holes into it so the scent can come out in small doses (as you can see in picture below, we tend to take our cover off when we want to smell more of the oils)
- If you would like, decorate the jar and lid.
Note, I mix the salts up each week, to ensure it is at its strongest at the beginning of each week. They typically last several months in our home with the amount of oil we put in them.
Suggested Essential Oil Mixes
Rise and Shine Blend
Great for the bathroom or living room.
- 5 drops Orange
- 5 drops Lemon
- 5 drops Peppermint
- 5 drop Grapefruit
Great for the bedroom. Don’t poke holes in this lid. Instead, give it as a gift with an instruction card to set it on their desk when working or studying.
- 10 Drops Rosemary
- 10 Drops Sage
- 10 Drops Peppermint
Clear Air Blend
Great for dining rooms and bathrooms.
- 20 drops Purification
- 10 drops Lemon
Great for bedrooms or living rooms.
- 20 drops Sacred Mountain
- 10 drops of Rosemary