Written work is copyrighted by Shell Vera or accredited authors. When we reference the Oil Revolution Design Team, Oily Life team, Well-Styled Essentials, Pixistock, PicJumbo, or Young Living, work is copyrighted to them and is used with permission via paid subscriptions and as an brand partner of Young Living.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission to share work, and always link back to the original post. If you would like to share the work of a guest author, please reach out to them directly or contact Shell to connect you.
Here are the Bible Copyrights for Bible quotes shown around the site.
Scripture quotations marked “CEV” are from the Contemporary English Version Copyright © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society.
- New International Version
Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by Biblica, Inc.™
All rights reserved worldwide.
- New Living Translation
Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. All rights reserved.
- The Message
Scripture quotations marked “MSG” or “The Message” are taken from The Message. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. NavPress Publishing Group. All rights reserved.
Effective date: May 10, 2021
http://www.TheEssentialCreative.com, (the “Site”), owned and operated by Shell Vera / The Essential Creative (“we”, “us”, or “our”} respects your privacy and takes protecting it seriously. Through this Site, we may collect certain information about you. This information may identify an individual user and/or could be used to contact or locate an individual user.
Age of Consent
By using this Site, you confirm you are at least 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 on this Site. If you believe we have personal data from a child under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com to have that child’s information removed from our system.
What is Personally Identifiable Information?
Personally Identifiable Information is data that may identify you. This includes name, address, email address, telephone number, IP address, cookies, usage data, password, or any other identifying information where you can be contacted, online or offline.
We do not rent, sell, share, or otherwise make your personal data available to any person or business, except as required to provide the products and services on this Site.
What information is collected and how it is used
Information provided by you
- If you comment on our Site, sign up for our email newsletter, or contact us through the Contact Us page on our Site, our site software (WordPress) or email software (Flodesk) will collect your name and email address. This information may be made available to a third-party email delivery service. You may unsubscribe any time by clicking the link at the bottom of any email. If you have any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information provided automatically or by others
Other information may be collected automatically, like Google Analytics. This information may include things like location, where you go on this Site, when you visit, what links you click, your IP address, your browser type/version, and what type of device you’re connecting from. This information is used as statistical data only and does not include personal data. This information may be used by others to personalize ads.
This information is used to create content, products, and/or services we think would be beneficial to you. We also use this information to track advertising and improve user experiences on our Site.
Cookies give usage data like how often you visit, where you go on the Site, and what you do on the Site. Cookies also help provide a more customized experience when you visit our Site.
We use cookie information to compile statistical information about the use of our Site, such as the time users spend on the Site and the pages they visit most often. Those statistics do not include personal data like name, email address, etc.
Types of cookies we use
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are used to browse the Site and use its features. This includes things like saving your sessions, login details, and other information required to carry out other activities. These are used to save your browsing preferences and optimize your experience on the Site.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies are used to track where you go on the Site and when you visit. This information is used to track traffic to the Site and may be used to personalize ads.
- Customization cookies: These cookies allow the Site to save your information like logins and usernames to make it easier for you to use the Site.
- Social media cookies and pixels: These cookies make it possible to share Site content on social media like Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and other external platforms.
- Targeting or advertising cookies: These cookies are used to monitor your browsing activity before and after you use the Site to personalize ads relevant to your interests. This information may be shared with third party ad networks.
Disclosure to 3rd parties
As required by law
We may disclose your personal data to attorneys, collection agencies, or law enforcement authorities if required by law.
Third-party service providers
We may use third-party vendors to provide various services on this Site. These third-party services will be governed by their individual privacy policies. If you have any questions about these third-parties’ privacy practices, you should consult their specific privacy policies or reach out to them directly. We use the following third-party providers:
Website host / provider—we use WordPress.com as our website host and provider. We use them to host all content and for the Contact Us form.
Email provider—we use Flodesk for our email software, this includes download forms for documents we share on the site.
Other third parties
We may disclose personally identifiable information to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to reasonably support our business. We will only share your personal data with these third-parties to the extent necessary to provide our product and/or services to you ONLY if you have asked us to or if we have reached out to you beforehand to share the idea. We do NOT sell or share information.
In the event our business, or a portion thereof, is sold, or otherwise transferred, including bankruptcy, we may share personal data in connection with this transaction.
How we protect your information
We employ data security tools to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All of this is built into the WordPress provided software.
In the event of a data security breach, we will contact you and/or the relevant authorities as required by law.
Unfortunately, even with these measures, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data. By using our Site, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee and you use the Site at your own risk.
California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal data to third parties for their marketing purposes. To request this information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Rights under CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights under CCPA (California Consumer Protection Act), subject to an identification and verification process. You have a right to:
- Know about Personal Information that is collected, disclosed, or sold;
- Request deletion of personal information;
- Opt-out of the sale of personal information; and
- Non-discrimination for the exercise of your consumer privacy rights.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your consumer privacy rights. If you want to exercise any of these privacy rights, you may If you wish to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, please do not continue with use of this site, as we do not have control over WordPress, which is the only company with access to your personal information. The Essential Creative does NOT maintain a database with any personally identifiable information outside of WordPress. We do NOT sell your information at any time or share it with anyone without your permission.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us through firstname.lastname@example.org. You can exercise these rights up to twice in a 12-month period, free of charge and your request will be processed as soon as possible and within 45 days. Please note that contacting us does not resolve the issue of WordPress having your data. All we will be able to do is remove you from our access areas. Please reach out to the companies to ensure your data is completely removed.
European Union Privacy Rights
This Site is a US based site, so any information received will be transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By using this Site and providing your personal data you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your data outside the EEA.
Lawful Basis of Processing Personal data
We may process your personal data if:
- You have given consent for one or more specific purposes;
- The data is necessary to fulfill our agreement and/or obligations to you;
- It is necessary to fulfill our legal obligations;
- It is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interests of us or a third-party.
Rights under GDPR
If you are located in the European Union, you have certain rights under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). You have a right to:
- Withdraw your consent at any time;
- Object to the processing of your personal data;
- Access your data;
- Verify and change your data;
- Restrict processing of your data;
- Have your personal data deleted and/or removed;
- Receive and move your personal data;
- Lodge a complaint.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com. You can exercise these rights free of charge and your request will be processed as soon as possible and always within 30 days.
Rights of users
You can deny, access, delete, change, withdraw, and/or review the personal data provided to us at any time. However, if you decline to provide some personal data, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
If you want to have your personal data deleted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may be required by law to archive your information.
Notification of changes
ONE PARAGRAPH SUMMARY:
We are relatively low tech. This is a passion project that does not collect your information in any way outside of WordPress and Flodesk when you subscribe to email or follow the blog. Their policies cover the way they use this information and this one is essentially here to let you know that we don’t collect your information for our own use as we do not sell or share your information for others.