I love to cook but I often am so lost in the experience that I don’t share recipes because I don’t measure the ingredients and forget to take pictures of the meal. Every now and then I remember to do one or the other though! Last month, I made something new to me that I thought you may enjoy since the family LOVED it. Pair it with some fresh, steamed broccoli and a side salad to be full for HOURS! This recipe is keto friendly, but if you are on strict keto, be sure to plan for it so you have room for the carbs.
I am not a food blogger so I did the best I can with the pics. Forgive the lack of “proper” lighting and pretty placings!
- 3 Boneless Top Round Steaks
- Bag of Spinach
- 3 ounces of Goat Cheese
- 12 Medium Whole Black Olives
- 1/2 Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- A-1 Steak Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Black Peppercorn
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
As I noted, I am not one to measure – so you will have to use your own tastes for the amounts you want to use. For me, I used a good dose of the garlic powder, a pinch of the salt, a very generous portion of the peppercorn, and then just a touch of rosemary and cayenne. Each steak received 1 once of Goat Cheese, 4 olives (sliced), and 1/2 cup (ish) of spinach. If you use the walnuts, just use enough to add some crunch.
Making the Dish
- Unwrap the steak and pound it with a meat mallet until about 1 inch thick.
- Chop the spinach into small pieces.
- Add the seasoning to each steak, being sure to do both sides.
- Add 1 ounce goat cheese to each steak.
- Grab four olives, slice them into pieces and add to one of the steaks. Repeat for each steak.
- Add spinach over the steaks to cover it completely.
- Put the steaks onto a cooling rack inside a baking pan.
- Cover the pan with tin foil.
- Put into oven on low broil.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees and then cook steaks within it until cooked to your desired doneness. I like my steaks medium well, so ours took about 35 minutes to complete.
- Drizzle A1 Steak sauce over them and plate for serving.
- If desired, add a few chopped walnut pieces for an added crunch.
I hope you enjoy it! This one has become one of my favorite meals on and off keto.