I’m back with another idea on how you can bless a friend or loved one this holiday season (though the gift ideas work all year round). Have fun and enjoy the process of creating something from your heart not just purchasing a gift with your wallet.
The MASON JAR! Who doesn’t love the many options available from the mason jar? You can do so many things with mason jars, as you will see in this series. This first idea is one of my favorites and has been a hit in our family. Not only is it inexpensive, but it is something everyone in the family can do and enjoy.
What You Will Need
- Mason Jar (or other container that will hold papers
- Paper for writing notes
- Can be scrapbook paper cut into different sizes or actual note paper
What You Will Do
- Ensure the paper is cut into note size paper.
- Write notes of encouragement or reasons why you love the person (such as their ability to laugh even when life is hard or how they always have the right words to say).
- Fill the jar with notes.
- Feel free to decorate the outside of the jar.
Here are some variations we have done over the years.
You’ll notice there is a jar above with writing on it and white papers inside. My youngest daughter created this one for me when she was 8 years old. She wrote out my name and used each letter to write a word that she thought of when she thinks of me. Inside she wrote all reasons she is thankful I am her mother. I love to look inside the jar from time to time to remember how much I mean to her.