When I tell you that this year has been one of those years you know you will look back on and see as a catalyst year yet while you are in it hurts more than anything, I am understating what a tough year it has been. It been one of those years where every time it looked like something great was going to happen, a devastation would come from the left. My pastor said he was impressed with my ability to withstand things that would have made others run into a cave… I don’t know that he realizes there have been days I’ve had my foot about to walk into that cave! So when I heard this series on being planted not buried and how the two look the same but are very different, let’s just say I took a LOT OF NOTES on this one! Get a few notebooks and pens ready, grab some water or coffee and get comfortable for a full day’s worth of videos! Binge watch these like your favorite Netflix show and you will definitely learn something new.
As with last week, I had pages of notes for each of these sermons. However, Transformation does do social media posts for their sermons consistently so I shared three points that stood out to me that weren’t part of the points the pastor speaking was making in his notes. I did this so it won’t ruin the sermon for you but could offer insight as to questions that the speaker asked or that I asked myself during the message, points that stood out in the subtext, or thoughts I had related to the material. Let’s get started!
Week One: Under Does Not Mean Over
- If a tree is planted by the river banks, it never has to worry about whether it will rain. It has all it needs right from the river.
- Your most creative idea hasn’t come yet.
- Seeds can’t be destroyed due to their shell.
Week Two: Prepared to Plant
- Where are you and why are you there?
- Harvest = hard part, much work; long hours, get very dirty pulling out the fruit.
- What paths have you created for yourself?
Week Three: Planted and Under Fire
- Am I bowing in any area?
- What God has for you is worth letting Him do it and you not trying to do it for yourself.
- Don’t uproot…say rooted and wait it out.
Week Four: Planted and Underfunded
- We make excuses for what we can’t do because we don’t have resources.
- Christian walk is about dependency not self-sufficiency.
- We must trust Him to be our God. Is He MY God?
Week Five: Planted and Undervalued
- Nobody will value you if YOU don’t value you.
- Whether someone else co-signs us, if God called us, He called us.
- God wants to refine and define you. Let him. Produce FROM your pain.
Week Six: Planted and Underqualified
- We get paralyzed by what we think we don’t have.
- We become afraid to go after the very thing we are called to conquer.
- You already have ALL that you need. Trust Him to use it and be willing to use ALL that is within your hands.
Week Seven: Planted and Underestimated
- Jesus made the crowd leave. Sometimes what needs to be done can’t have witnesses. It must be Jesus and you.
- Must have faith for where you’re going.
- God WILL finish it.
Week Eight: Planted Undercover
- All words must be backed up by scriptural influence not just natural influence. Be weary of words given that don’t align with scripture.
- You can’t lead people further than you’ve traveled yourself.
- True apostolic covering ensures you can stand in the spotlight without blemish.