Oils for the Immune System
Essential oils are powerful tools you can use to support your family’s health! If you are looking to support your family’s immune system naturally, try incorporating these Vitality essential oils in your wellness routine. Vitality essential oils contain hundreds of powerful, heavily researched constituents that work together to help improve your overall health and immune system! Take advantage of their health benefits by incorporating these oils with your other healthy habits!
Below are 9 essential oils that your immune system will love, and some ways to use them daily!
· Cinnamon Bark Vitality
· Clove Vitality
· Coriander Vitality
· Frankincense Vitality
· Lemon Vitality
· Longevity Vitality
· Nutmeg Vitality
· Oregano Vitality
· Thieves Vitality
1. Add 2-3 drops of Thieves Vitality to a warm cup of tea.
2. Create a DIY throat blend by adding 1 drop of Lemon and 1 drop of Thieves Vitality to a teaspoon of honey.
3. Add immune boosting powers to your Ningxia Red by adding Lemon Vitality or any of the Vitality oils listed above.
4. Create your own detoxifying supplement by combining activated charcoal powder with a few drops of any of these immune boosting oils in a vegetable capsule.
5. Enjoy immune, circulatory, cleansing properties when you add 2-3 drops of Lemon Vitality to a fresh glass of water.
6. Start your day with an immune boosting shot! Add 1 drop of lemon vitality, 1 drop of thieves, 1 tsp of honey, and 1//8 tsp of grated ginger to a 4 oz. of warm water.
7. Take your green smoothie to next level with added flavor and immune boosting benefits when you add a few drops of your favorite immune supporting Vitality oil. We love adding Lemon or Cinnamon Vitality.
8. Take Longevity Vitality with Master Formula to support and improve overall wellness.
9. Add a drop of Clove, Nutmeg, or Cinnamon Bark Vitality to a warm bowl of steel cut oats for a comforting way start to your day.
10. As soon as you feel like you need extra immune support, add 3-4 drops of your favorite immune supporting Vitality oil with 3 drops carrier oil in a vegetarian gel capsule and take 2 times daily. Our favorite combos are: 3 drops Thieves and 1 drop Oregano Vitality or 2 drops Frankincense and 2 drops Clove Vitality.
11. Boost the immune supporting benefits of Elderberry syrup with a drop of Lemon, Thieves, or Frankincense Vitality. Lemon Vitality’s flavor mixes great with Elderberry.
12. Add Longevity Vitality to your favorite shake with Young Living’s Pure Protein Complete to support a healthy lifestyle!
13. Add Oregano Vitality to your favorite Italian dish or Coriander Vitality to your favorite Latin dish. To enjoy the immune supporting properties of these oils, make sure to add the oil to your dish after it has been cooked because heat can destroy their powerful compounds. Adding oils to dressing and sauces is a great way to maintain their benefits.
14. Add a drop of Frankincense, Nutmeg, or Lemon Vitality on top of your Immupro tablet and take before you go to bed!
15. Keeping the air in your home clean and pure is crucial for a healthy environment. Diffuse Thieves to cleanse and purify the air and add some extra Lemon for an uplifting scent.
16. Make your own seasonal roller by adding a 2-3 drops of Thieves, Oregano, Frankincense, and Lemon oils to a 10ml roller bottle. Fill the rest with a carrier oil and apply topically to the bottom of your feet or along your spine.
What are your favorite immune supporting tips?
Vitality Oils to Support Your Immune System
Diffusing to Purify the Air
Did you know indoor air quality is five to seven times more toxic than outdoor air quality? This is mainly due to conventional cleaners and synthetic air fresheners. Synthetic fragrances added can contain a mixture of hundreds of chemicals and are known to emit harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Research shows that some VOCs can irritate your eyes, nose and throat; create difficulty breathing; and cause harm to the central nervous system and other organs. In the winter, people tend to stay indoors, trapping all the poor-quality air inside. Instead of emitting harsh toxins in your home and making your air quality worse, try diffusing essential oils. Diffusers are like miniature humidifiers that emit a mist infused with essential oils into the air. Diffusing essential oils makes your home smell amazing, helps purify the air, and gets rid of unwanted odors.
The oils below are some of the best to purify the air:
Thieves® essential oil blend is a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils that fills any space with a rich, spicy aroma. When used aromatically, Thieves neutralizes and purifies the air from strong odors and can freshen any atmosphere.
Lemon is a bright and uplifting essential oil. Keep Lemon on hand for its clean, energizing, and invigorating aroma. Lemon essential oil can be diffused to create a more focused environment, or to help create an uplifting atmosphere.
This blend is made up of six essential oils for the ultimate weapon against odors. With Purification oil, you’ll never need to feel embarrassed by bad odors from cooking, laundry, pets, or anything else life throws your way. Purification clears the air of unwanted odors, freshens musty and stale areas with its lively scent, and contains lavandin, an ingredient that helps clean and purify the air.
Tea Tree oil has cleansing properties and a refreshing scent, making it great for everything from home cleaning solutions to skin care. Tea Tree helps to eliminate musky odors, so diffuse it around your home to keep things smelling fresh and clean.
Kunzea is in the same family as Tea Tree, and has similar properties. It offers a clean, spicy and woodsy aroma and can help purify the air from unwanted odors. Diffuse this oil or try putting a few drops on cotton balls and place them around your home and near your air filters!
Citrus Fresh is a blend of Orange, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Lemon, Mandarin, and Spearmint. Not only is its aroma cheery and uplifting, it also helps purify the air from unwanted odors! Add this to your diffuser to help any room smell more positive and fresh!
If you want to take the benefits of diffusers to the next level, turn up the humidity! A 2013 study found that humidifiers may help fight the flu. Scientists used a simulator to send the flu virus into the air and then measured how long it survived at varying levels of humidity. They found that at humidity levels less than 23%, up to 77% of the virus remained viable in the air just one hour later. However, at humidity levels greater than 43% as little as 14% of the virus remained viable an hour later. 23 hours later, 100% of the viruses in the humid air were all dead, while 60% still survived in dry conditions(1).
Humidifiers are diffusers on a much larger scale. Typically, the output on a humidifier is much heavier and denser than a diffuser and most humidifiers do not recommend adding oils into their tanks. We recommend diffusing essential oils and running a humidifier simultaneously! Make sure that if you consistently use a humidifier and diffuser, you clean it frequently. Mold and mildew can build up in humidifiers and make your air quality worse.
What oils do you use to purify the air?
Diffuser Blends for the Seasons
Now that you know the power of diffusing, try these diffusing these powerful blends around your home this winter.
What are your favorite diffuser blends in the winter?
Breathe easy this winter with the help of essential oils! These essential oils are great natural options that can provide a refreshing respiratory experience and cooling sensation when applied to the chest and neck area. Many commercial rubs and creams contain synthetic versions of constituents that are naturally found in essential oils! Why not get the benefits straight from nature?
When diffused, these essential oils provide a refreshing scent in any stuffy environment.
Try applying these essential oils your back, neck, or chest before a steamy shower for an invigorating and awakening aromatic experience; we love it!
Eucalyptus Radiata has a distinctly fresh aroma that’s sharp and clean, sparking a sense of refreshment and renewal! It’s very popular in salons and spas and promotes a stimulating and rejuvenating environment anywhere it’s diffused. This oil is found in many of Young Living’s most popular products, including Ortho Ease® Massage Oil, Breathe Again™ Roll-On, and R.C.™ essential oil blend.
· Eucalyptus is generally known for its uses in personal care products and spa treatments.
· Apply to your back, neck, or chest before a steamy shower for an invigorating and awakening aromatic experience.
· Jumpstart your morning by applying this blend to your chest or under your nose.
· Inhale for a refreshing and rejuvenating respiratory experience.
Raven™ essential oil blend is a cool, refreshing combination of Ravintsara, Peppermint, Eucalyptus Radiata, Lemon, and Wintergreen essential oils. Raven creates a cooling sensation and provides a comforting aroma when applied topically to the chest and throat.
Raven provides a refreshing aromatic experience when diffused or inhaled directly. The naturally occurring constituents eucalyptol, menthol, and methyl salicylate provide an invigorating and empowering experience, particularly before or after a workout or when winding down for the evening.
R.C. has a cool and refreshing aroma that can help create the feeling of normal, clear breathing and a refreshing respiratory experience when applied topically. It is a synergistic blend of Myrtle, Lavender, Cypress, Black Spruce, Peppermint, Marjoram, Pine, Citronella, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Eucalyptus Globulus, and Eucalyptus Radiata.
· Promote the sensation of deeper breathing when used as part of an exercise regimen
· Provides a refreshing respiratory experience when applied to the chest
· Supports the feeling of normal, clear breathing
· Can be diffused during the cold-weather season
· Provides a relaxing aroma in a stuffy environment
Breathe Again roll-on:
Breathe Again is a combination of four powerful varieties of Eucalyptus essential oil along with Laurus Nobilis, Peppermint, Copaiba, Blue Cypress, and Myrtle essential oils, which gives it an invigorating and awakening aroma. The convenient and portable roll-on applicator make it easy to apply and keep in your car, purse, pocket, or bag; so you can enjoy its aroma anytime, anywhere.
Ravintsara has a pleasant and clean scent, is commonly used in meditation, and contains skin-cleansing properties. This oil comes from the evergreen tree family. In Australia, its common name is camphorwood. Evergreens are known for their strong and hearty attributes, allowing them to thrive even in harsh winter weather. Ravintsara is found in Raven essential oi blend. Diffuse this oil for an invigorating respiratory experience.
When applying essential oils to children or if you are new to using essential oils, make sure you dilute them with a carrier oil before applying to your chest and neck area. Breathe Again is already pre-diluted, so you don’t have to dilute it further. SniffleEase™ is a great option to use for children, because it was created specifically for children and is already pre-diluted in appropriate amounts for their sensitive bodies!
Share this post with a friend who you think could use some winter breathing TLC, and share your favorite winter oils that are a breath of fresh air in the comments below!