Kris of www.parentingwithkris.com is joining us today to share some helpful resources that will empower you to handle parenting challenges with any age group. Kris writes and curates articles that deal with parenting children of all ages, which we can all use help with. Since this is an area I haven’t been as good about focusing on, her guest post comes at a wonderful time! Read on and share with us what your favorite articles are from the compilation below.
Practical Resources to Help Parents with Common Problems at Any Age
Want the secret to becoming a perfect parent? Well, there really are no secrets because there’s no such thing as a perfect parent. Every parent has their own struggles and challenges when it comes to raising children, so don’t feel bad if you have some of your own. Instead, try to look for helpful resources and guides that will help address your most pressing concerns. No time to search on your own? Then you may find these practical parenting tips and resources useful.
Setting Consistent Sleep Schedules
Whether you’re adjusting a new baby to a nap schedule or struggling to wake your teen up for school, sleep issues can be a source of stress, but these resources can provide some support.
- Sleep Schedules for Baby’s First Year
- Best Tips for Getting Children to Take Naps
- Adjusting Sleep Routines to Start School
- How to Help Teens Get Enough Sleep
Helping Out with Learning Struggles
As a parent, you play a critical role in helping your child overcome obstacles when it comes to their education. Using these educational resources can play a critical role as well.
- Addressing Developmental Delays in Babies
- Early Signs of Learning Disabilities in Children
- Tips for Helping Teens Overcome Test Anxiety
Talking About Difficult Subjects
You will likely learn so many things about parenting as you go along but knowing how to address tricky or emotional topics with kids can require some planning and research. These guides for talking to kids and teens can also help:
- How to Help Toddlers and Kids Deal with Death
- Tips for Talking to Kids About Tragic Events
- Addressing and Talking About Bullying with Kids
- Getting Teens to Listen When Talking About Drugs
Creating Healthy Routines for Life
All of the resources above can help you raise your children into more responsible adults, but you should also address some basic health habits that can keep them healthy for life.
- How to Help Children Develop Healthy Eating Habits
- Fun Ways to Keep Your Children Active
- Things Every Child Should Know About Finances
- Benefits of Letting Kids Take a Mental Health Day
- Encourage Outdoor Activities (Like Storm Watching)
Creating a comprehensive guide to parenting at every age is nearly impossible, especially in a single article. Still, when you are a parent to children or teens, every little bit of support can help. Hopefully, you find some or all of this information useful when it comes to your family.
Article compiled by Kris of www.ParentingWithKris.com as a guest post for TheEssentialCreative.com
Kris Louis is a mom to two rambunctious boys. Her oldest is 10 and her youngest is 7. A former advertising copywriter, she recently created ParentingWithKris.com, where she puts her skills to work writing about the trials and tribulations of parenting. Kris, her husband, and her two boys live in Durham, NC.