You made it to the last installment of this series! Feel like a makeup pro yet?
Remember to check out the posts from earlier today if you are just tuning in. We’ve been doing an extended class today that has been broken up into 5 posts total: one from two weeks ago and 3 from today at 8 am ET, 12 pm ET, and 4 pm ET.
Let’s talk about steps 8 through 10.
Step 8: Brows
Never forget the brows! While the main function of your brows is to keep sweat, dirt, and other debris from getting in your eyes, brows also serve as a major form of communication to those you come into contact! Brows can help show expression, emotion, and even mood changes. Over the decades brow shape, color, and thickness have changed, but one thing remains consistent: brows are an important part of a makeup routine!
Filling in your brows to make them more pronounced can add a whole new dimension to your make up routine! Brows make the biggest difference! Depending on your natural coloring, you can pick from our Multitasker line, which contains 4 colors great for filling in brows. These colors are:
- Light: Great for those with blonde and grey hair
- Tan: Great for those with dark blonde and light brown hair
- Medium: Great for those with hints of red in their hair
- Dark: Great for those with dark brown or black hair
- You can also try any of the Dark Foundation colors that best match your brown color!
To fill in your brows, you will need a precise angled brush. Apply the brow filler in small strokes that follow the natural growth pattern of your hair. You will notice that your eyebrow hair grows upward then slowly fans outward. This is to protect your eyes by naturally forcing sweat and other particles outward around your eyes. Follow this stroke pattern to create a natural look. Brush out any excess if necessary.
Did you know you can shape your brows to accentuate the natural features of your face? Check out this video to learn all about how to properly shape your brows!
Step 9: Eyes
Check Out These Simple Eye Shadow Looks!
Do you struggle picking eye shadow colors that complement each other? Well, we have taken out the guess work and created two quick and easy eye shadow combinations for you!
Product needed: Residual, Spoiled, and Determined
Great for: ANY eye color
• Apply Residual lightly over the entire eye, from lash line to crease. If you’re confident using eye shadow, you can apply Residual up under the brow as a highlighter.
• Apply Spoiled on the outer two-thirds of the eye-lid (below the crease).
• Lightly apply Determined along the lash line and up into the outer crease.
Green Goddess Eye
Product needed: Residual, Inspired, Freedom, Envy
Great for: Hazel, Brown, or Green eyes
• Apply Residual over entire eyelid from lash line to crease, blending upward under the brow.
• Apply Inspired over entire eyelid, focusing below the crease.
• Apply a small amount of freedom on the outer 1/3 of the eyelid.
• Apply Envy along lash line and up into crease. BLEND!
What colors do you think you will love pairing together?
The new Savvy Minerals by Young Living® Eye shadow Palette No. 1 is AMAZING! Each shadow is infused with coconut oil, shea butter, and lavender essential oil for velvety smooth application and easy blending and building. This palette gives you all you need in an eye shadow palette—colors that complement each other and that give multiple style options. You can easily take your eye makeup from a simple day look, to a dramatic ‘night out’ smokey eye using this palette. Since the powders are pressed, it’s convenient to take on all your travels, or if you’re a busy woman, throw it in your purse and apply it on the go! The eye shadows are vegan and cruelty-free, great for sensitive skin, and made with naturally derived ingredients.
Watch this video to learn how to take your eye shadow from a natural, day look to a bold, night look! Haley covers lots of great application tips!
Have you tried the new eye shadow palette? What are your favorite color combinations?!
Did you know that typical mascaras contain harmful ingredients that can cause eye and health problems? Many times, these ingredients can clog the oil glands in your eyes, which can lead to dry, itchy, irritated eyes; and in some cases, these ingredients can even make your lashes fall out!
Young Living’s Mascara is infused with Lavender essential oil, which helps condition your lashes. It also has unique ingredients like hydrolyzed jojoba esters and coconut fruit extract, which are very nourishing to lashes. This mascara is perfect for giving you a natural look that makes your lashes appear longer and more defined. It is a versatile mascara that all women will love! For those of you who may want a more dramatic look, the mascara layers easily; just be sure to wait in between applications as the product needs some time to dry before adding more.
This video shows you how to apply Young Living mascara.
Our Mascara is formulated using non-nano and naturally derived ingredients. It was clinically tested for ocular irritation and is safe to use on sensitive eyes! You will love our Mascara!
Have you heard the phrase “you don’t wear the same clothes you did in high school, so you shouldn’t do your makeup the same either!”? For some of you, this phrase may ring all too true, and that’s okay! Life is all about learning and growing, which is why you’re here learning all about Savvy Minerals. Eyeliner is one of those things that over time, we need to adjust how we apply. Eyeliner was created to define the eyes and it can also be used to make your eye shape appear larger or smaller
Young Living has many different options that can be used as an eyeliner—Jetsetter being the most popular. We also love recommending the Dark Multitasker (a dark brown color), or to mix it up, you can use any of our Savvy Eyeshadow colors. Jetsetter is a matte black mineral powder that can be applied wet or dry to create the look you desire. Wet application tends to appear darker and more precise, whereas dry application appears more blended and softer.
As we age, it is generally recommended to switch from a harsh black eyeliner to a brown shade. If you have dark skin, black liner will always be a great option! When wearing eyeliner on aged skin, try applying it as a soft smudged look instead of a precise thick line, keeping it as close to your natural lash line as possible. As for the lower lid, you can skip it entirely, or try adding a soft brown (think Dark Multitasker) along the lower lash line and blend it gently, so it doesn’t look so harsh.
- Delivers high color payoff
- Provides buildable color that blends well to create different looks
- Enhances natural beauty
- Long-lasting, all-day wear
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Made with mineral-based ingredients
- Vegan friendly
- Not tested on animals
- Formulated without talc, bismuth, parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, or synthetic fragrances
For a demonstration on applying our Jetsetter, watch the video below!
Step 10: Lips
Whether you wear a full face or just some color or gloss on your lips, you’ve made it this far! Congratulate yourself for learning as much as you can about ditching products that don’t help your skin for products that aren’t made with chemicals or ingredients you can’t pronounce fully. Let’s talk about your options for lip gloss and lip sticks.
Savvy Minerals by Young Living™ Lip Gloss provides natural-looking sheer to medium color coverage while adding shine that isn’t sticky! This lip gloss moisturizes and softens lips, while making them look fuller.
This lip gloss can also be worn over Savvy Minerals by Young Living Lipstick to go from a fresh, natural day look to an evening look with a bolder color impact! Plus, they are infused with Peppermint essential oil.
The colors listed from top to bottom are:
- Abundant – Natural medium pink
- Embrace – Natural nude pink
- Journey – Natural brownish bronze
- Maven – Rich plum
- Headliner – Bright Pink
- Anchors Aweigh – Coralish red
What is your favorite lip gloss color?
Just a swipe of lipstick can make you feel more confident, beautiful, and add glam to your style, but did you know that most lipsticks contain harmful toxins and preservatives? Not only can these chemicals absorb through the pores on your lips, but they can also be accidentally ingested. If you wear lipstick every day, that toxic load can build up over time!
An FDA study in 2010 found lead in 400 lipsticks at levels up to 7.19 ppm (parts per million). Lead can pose serious health risks, including neurological effects, high blood pressure, thyroid dysfunction, and reproductive toxicity. It is so harmful that the government banned it from house paint in 1978 and from gasoline in 1996. However, it is still found in many cosmetics and some packaged food! Lead does not show up on ingredient labels, and it has been found in a wide range of lipsticks—from cheap brands to luxury brands.
Don’t stress! You can still feel beautiful wearing bright lipstick without lead or harsh chemicals! Savvy Minerals by Young Living® Lipsticks is formulated without parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, bismuth, talc, synthetic fragrances, or synthetic colorants!
There are now three different lipstick formulas available:
Original five lipsticks are: Adore, Daydream, On A Whim, Uptown Girl, and Wish. These colors have more of a silver, frosty finish. They contain simple ingredients: Castor seed oil, sweet almond oil, candelilla wax, beeswax, vitamin E and minerals for coloring.
The Tangerine essential oil infused lip sticks are bright, bold colors! These colors (listed from top to bottom): It Girl, Miss Congeniality, I Dare You, Mic Drop, Bedazzled, and Sweet Life. They have slightly different ingredients than the original formula, do not use almond oil, and are infused with Tangerine essential oil.
The Cinnamint Infused lip sticks have a creamy, velvety texture. They glide on your lips like butter and the colors are perfect for fall and winter! The formula is vegan, and contains Orange, Peppermint, Spearmint, and Cinnamon essential oils. The colors (from top to bottom): Icon, Muse, Untamed, Posh, Siren.
Below are the ingredients used in some of the formulas and why:
Castor Seed Oil – Castor oil is a vegetable oil obtained by cold pressing castor beans. It was used by the ancient Egyptians and Greeks for a wide variety of uses. In India, castor oil has been prized for its skin-supporting properties. Castor oil is commonly used in cosmetic products such as creams, moisturizers, and hair care products.
Grapeseed Oil – Grapeseed oil is extracted from the seeds of grapes. The seeds are loaded with powerful antioxidants.
Beeswax – Beeswax is the purified wax from honeycombs. Female worker honey bees of the genus Apis produce the natural beeswax. Bees fly 150,000 miles to yield 1 pound of beeswax. Beeswax is used as a binder and provides a rich emollient to creams, which is especially good for dry skin.
Candelilla Wax – The candelilla plant belongs to the Euphorbia species. It is a flowering plant that has a similar appearance to cacti, but it has milky latex. Candelilla wax serves as a protective seal for the plant and helps it retain moisture. Candelilla wax helps increase the thickness of the oils in the lipsticks, giving them structure, allowing for a smooth application, and keeping them solid.
Vitamin E – Vitamin E is great for the skin and helps maintain the appearance of healthy, youthful-looking skin.
Sunflower Seed Oil – Sunflower oil is commonly used in cosmetic products, and it includes palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, and linoleic acid.
Jojoba Seed Oil – Jojoba helps protect the skin and helps it maintain its natural moisture. It’s one of the reasons why the lipsticks will glide on your lips smoothly without leaving greasy residue.
Coconut Oil – This is a very popular ingredient in cosmetics and beauty products for its antioxidant and conditioning properties and for helping the skin stay protected from drying. Who doesn’t love coconut oil?!
Shea Butter – Obtained from the fruit of a tree native to Africa, shea has become a favorite to not only the natives but to everyone who uses it. It is composed of rich fatty acids that condition and nourish skin, hair, and nails. This is why natives have used it for centuries in everything from homemade ointments to hair treatments and body butters.
The bright colors come from the minerals, not synthetic dyes or colors.
What is your favorite lipstick color?
Tips for Healthy Lips
Smooth lips will enhance the appearance of your lipstick or gloss. How do you keep those lips looking lush and smooth, especially during the winter months? Below are some easy tips to keep your lips hydrated and feeling fabulous!
1. Moisturize regularly! Did you know your lips are made of skin? The skin on your lips is significantly thinner than the skin on the rest of your body, and it doesn’t contain any sebaceous glands—the glands responsible for secreting oil onto your skin to help it stay moisturized. So how do your lips stay properly moisturized? Their only source of natural moisture is through saliva, so your lips can become chapped very easily! Young Living has awesome lip balms that use a coconut oil base, as well as other natural ingredients such as beeswax, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, rose hip oil, essential oils, and vitamin E. Choose from three flavors: Lavender, Cinnamint, and Grapefruit.
2. Protect! Just like the skin on the rest of your body, the skin on your lips is sensitive and needs protection from the sun. When spending significant time outdoors, remember to add some of YL’s Mineral Sunscreen Lotion around your lip area. It’s infused with skin-loving essential oils such as Helichrysum, Carrot Seed, and Sacred Frankincense. Don’t skip this step just because it’s cold outside! Your lips can still be sunburned while skiing, sledding, or participating in other winter activities.
3. Exfoliate! By exfoliating your lips, your lip balm will work more effectively. This will also make your lipsticks and glosses apply easier and look better throughout the day. We are super excited about the YL Poppy Seed Lip Scrub: It gently exfoliates and can also be used as an overnight moisturizer. Win, win! It contains cocoa butter, mango butter, avocado butter, and shea butter, as well as citrus fresh essential oil blend, and of course, poppy seeds which help exfoliate! To use, apply a pea-sized amount to your lips; then exfoliate by massaging in small, circular motions. Use a damp cotton pad to remove. For day use, follow with your favorite lipstick; for night use, follow with a moisturizing lip balm.
Because you made it this far, here are some bonus hacks for the various products available.
You HAVE to check out these unique ways to use your Savvy Minerals by Young Living®!
Since the launch of Savvy Minerals by Young Living®, many of you have become very skilled at finding new ways to apply these mineral-based makeup products. Below are some of the most popular Savvy hacks!
- Apply YL Lavender Lip Balm as a base on your eyelid before you apply your Savvy eyeshadow.
- You can use your blush colors as lip liners! Simply use the eyeliner brush to apply the blush foiled around the outer part of your lips before you apply your lipstick. It works great!
- Since ditching the toxins in your home, do you miss your beloved dry shampoo? Well, you don’t have to anymore! You can use our foundation or multitaskers as a replacement for dry shampoo! Minerals bind to oil and can help absorb excess!
- Combine Summer Loved or Crowned All Over with our Lavender Hand and Body Lotion to create a body bronzer! This gives your skin a temporary glow that you may want for a special occasion.
- Combine your foundation with a small amount of the Seedlings® Diaper Rash Cream. You can use this as an undereye concealer! Undereye circles are no longer visible!
- Combine your foundation powder with Sheerlume™ or your preference of YL moisturizers, to create a liquid-like foundation. The coverage is lighter, but it does create a good base layer if you are looking for something hydrating with a little coverage.
Do you have any Savvy hacks? What are some of the creative ways you have used Savvy Minerals? Share them in the comments below so others can join in on the fun!
Lipstick on your eyes and cheeks? Check out this Savvy Make-up tip!
Are you a busy woman who is constantly on-the-go? If this is the case, you may not have time for a full Savvy face every single day, and that’s okay! Most women would probably agree that their makeup routine changes daily depending on the time they have to get ready.
For a quick 5-minute Savvy face, the products used are going to be different for everyone. So, how do you figure out which products you should use? We recommend considering what you believe to be your best features. Do you love your brows? Do you get a lot of compliments on your eyes? Do you love your smile? Maybe you have fabulous glowing skin! Figure out what you love about your face, and when you’re in a hurry, work to accentuate those features!
A 5-minute face could look something like this:
- Lip gloss
Or it could look like this:
Or it could be:
Do you get the trend? A 5-minute face is whatever you want it to be! When you’re in a bind or on-the-go, what are your must-have Savvy products? Why do you pick those products?
Well, we made it to the end of the series! If you’re interested in learning more about Savvy Minerals Premium Starter Kits or using the products, feel free to connect with me for a call. You can also check out the information shown here. Thanks for reading along! Share with me in the comments if you try any of the products, how you feel about them, and how you have made your own ditch and switch with makeup!