As promised, here is more information about the plant- and mineral-based products I used to help keep my house and body clean, my mind creative, and my health in good condition. I am posting these all in one day for those of you like me who want to take in all of the information at once and then digest it. If you missed the first post, read it here.
Note: I am not promising that using these products will make you creative if you aren’t! And while I believe everyone should have toxin-free homes, I just want to ensure you realize if you weren’t creative before, Thieves products may not help you become more creative. But why not try to see how having a toxin-free home, or mostly toxin-free home, can help you?
Thieves Dish Soap
Dishes are a a part of our lives whether we like it or not. Unless you’re eating out every night of the week (future posts to come about how unhealthy that can be), or using disposable utensils and dishes (can we say “wasteful” and “hazardous to the environment and ecosystem”?), you are going to have to do some dishes. If you haven’t used Thieves® Dish Soap, do yourself and your family a favor and try it! Thieves Dish Soap will effectively clean your dishes without harsh chemicals, dyes, or synthetics. Jade Lemon™, Bergamot, and Thieves essential oil blend complete the formula with their naturally occurring constituents.
Thieves Dish Soap contains:
- Surfactants: These are naturally derived from natural sources such as glucose, palm trees, and coconuts. Surfactants are needed for different reasons: They act as cleansing and foaming agents, and they also act as stabilizers to make sure you don’t get an overload of bubbles as you wash your dishes! Because they are naturally derived, our surfactants are biodegradable and have been tested and proven to be non-irritants to your skin. Our formula pairs the surfactants with natural salts, because it has been proven that these two ingredients work synergistically to boost cleaning properties!
- Minerals (Sodium sesquicarbonate): This naturally derived ingredient balances the pH in the formula, which means that no preservatives are needed! The minerals are extracted from trona ore, a mineral that is found near the Green River area.
- Jade Lemon essential oil: Jade Lemon has a unique lemon-lime scent that is pleasing and uplifting. Its wonderful, zesty fragrance is clean and inviting.
- Bergamot essential oil: Bergamot’s aroma is tart yet sweet and uplifting yet relaxing, making it a popular oil in perfumes, cosmetics, and lotions. In addition to its scent, Bergamot has attracted attention for its cleansing properties, and it’s often used as a luxurious ingredient in shampoos, soaps, and cleansers.
- Thieves essential oil blend: Thieves is a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils for an aromatic blend that fills any space with a rich, spicy aroma. It includes the naturally occurring constituents trans cinnamaldehyde, limonene, and eucalyptol. It’s known for its cleansing properties, and it neutralizes and purifies odors.
Thieves Automatic Dish soap
Young Living’s Thieves® Automatic Dishwasher Powder is a proprietary blend of biodegradable cleansing agents and enzymes that remove even the toughest grease and baked on food.
With naturally derived ingredients and a blend of pure essential oils such as Thieves, Lemongrass, and Orange, Thieves Automatic Dishwasher Powder effectively cleans your dishes without chemicals, dyes, or synthetics and leaves them sparkling clean.
Soap berries are the cleansing agent Young Living uses in this product. They are wild-harvested by hand from trees found in forests in the Nepal foothills. They grow in the wild without the use of chemicals, fertilizers, or pesticides.
The environmentally friendly Thieves Automatic Dishwasher Powder has:
- No artificial dyes
- No chemicals
- No dyes
- No synthetics
- No phosphate
- No chlorine
- Non-GMO ingredients
- Thieves, Lemongrass, and Orange essential oils
Thieves Automatic Dishwasher Powder is one of the most versatile cleaning products! It’s not just for dishes. Think of it as an all-around cleaning powder because it has enzymes like amylase and protease that actually help break down food particles into small pieces that can then be easily cleaned or washed away! You can use it in toilets, bathtubs, sinks, ovens, or washing machines, and because it is very concentrated, a little goes a long way.
- Use ½ tablespoon for regular laundry loads or with soft water.
- Use 1 tablespoon for dirty loads or with hard water.
- Sprinkle some in the toilet, spray some Thieves Household Cleaner, and scrub after letting that sit for a few minutes.
- Add a teaspoon in a load of laundry that needs an extra cleaning boost.
- Mix 1/3 cup detergent with 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner and mix until it forms into a paste for scrubbing tubs or tile.
Thieves Laundry Soap
With a plant-based formula, Thieves Laundry Soap gently and naturally washes your clothes, leaving them truly clean without any chemical or synthetic residue. Natural enzymes and powerful essential oils like Thieves, Jade Lemon, and Bergamot, add to the formula’s strength, leaving your clothes fresh and clean with a light citrus scent. The plant-based formula can even be safely poured directly onto clothes!
Thieves laundry soap can be used in all washers, including high efficiency and its highly concentrated formula will handle approximately 64 loads with just 32 fl oz.
Thieves Laundry Soap is formulated without:
- Synthetic perfumes
- Optical brighteners – many detergents use optical brighteners to make clothes appear brighter, which has nothing to do with actually cleaning the clothes? The clothes only appear whiter and brighter because these additives reflect blue light, giving the illusion that your clothes are less yellow. These optical brighteners remain in your clothes and are rub against the skin when worn. Instead, to keep whites at their whitest, launder in hot water and hang them dry in the sun for natural bleaching!
Follow the instructions found on the garment’s care label. Add clothes. Start machine and add the proper amount of soap for load size.
- Use 1⁄2 cap for conventional washers
- Use 1⁄4 cap for high-efficiency washers
- Use more as needed for large or heavily soiled loads
Thieves Laundry Soap can also be used for hand washing clothing and other items. Immerse items into a solution of lukewarm water and a little Thieves Laundry Soap and swish for 3–5 minutes. Drain soapy water, rinse items until water runs clear, and then gently squeeze out excess water without wringing. Hang on a drying rack or lay on a at surface to dry.
Also, did you know that fabric softener is the #1 cause of indoor pollution? That “laundry smell” is actually volatile, carbon-based chemicals that evaporate at room temperature and they are some of the most toxic things we can have in our home. Instead of the conventional fabric softener (including dryer sheets), try 100% wool dryer balls with a few drops of your favorite essential oil. You can choose your favorite scent and the dryer balls are reusable! Dryer balls fluff up your laundry, prevent clothes from clumping, increase air circulation, and cut down the amount of time it takes your clothes to dry; they can cut your drying time by 25%!
Thieves Cleansing Bar Soap and Foaming Hand Soap
How many times a day do you wash your hands? Two products you must include in your Thieves collection is the Thieves Foaming Hand Soap and Thieves Cleansing Soap. Both are great alternatives to commercial soaps which are full of harsh chemicals and they both include the power of pure essential oils.
- Thieves® Cleansing Bar Soap offers cleansing benefits and is ideal for purifying the skin. Enriched with moisturizing plant oils such as coconut, jojoba, and olive oil. Aloe Vera and wolfberry seed oil are also added to help cleanse and purify your skin. This product is perfect for your shower or sinks!
- Thieves Foaming Hand Soap gently cleans and conditions the skin with a blend of Thieves, Lemon, and Orange essential oils, as well as Aloe Vera to help purify and cleanse your hands. The instant foam makes it easy to lather and rinse leaving your skin soft and clean with a light Thieves scent. In most harsh soaps, you’ll find synthetic fragrances, parabens, SLS and SLES, triclosan, and harsh preservatives; Thieves Foaming Hand Soap is plant-based and free from sulfates, dyes, synthetic fragrances, and harsh chemicals.
Thieves Spray and Thieves Hand Purifier
Germs are everywhere and sinks are not. Thieves Spray and Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier are on-the-go cleaners that are perfect for when you are running errands, traveling, or away from home! When you clean a surface with water and soap, the ingredients of most products only partially wash off, and when you use hand purifiers or cleaning sprays, ingredients in them will absorb into your skin. This is why it is really important to be aware of the ingredients in your products!
When looking for a hand sanitizer or cleaning spray that is safe for your skin, make sure the active ingredients are plant based. For example, look for naturally derived alcohol, instead of triclosan. Triclosan, or triclocarban, is an antibiotic compound that has been used in an array of products, from cleaning to oral care, for years. Last September, the FDA banned the use of triclosan and 18 other chemicals commonly used in antibacterial consumer products because evidence shows it disrupts hormone cycles, causes negative health effects, and could even cause antibiotic resistance.
If you are looking for better alternatives, without triclosan, you need to try Thieves Spray and Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier.Thieves Spray is a portable essential oil spray ideal for cleaning small surfaces. Just one small spray freshens surfaces using only naturally derived, plant-based ingredients and the powerful spicy-citrus scent of Thieves essential oil blend. It is a great option to use around children and the perfect size to throw in a purse, backpack, or luggage!
We love using Thieves Spray on:
- Light switches
- Kitchen sinks
- Door knobs
- Public toilet seats
- Bathroom counters
- Smelly shoes
- And more!
Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier is another must because it is effective, safe, and gentle enough for your hands, especially if soap and water aren’t an option! Not only will this product cleanse and purify your hands, it will also keep them moisturized and protected.
You’ll love that Thieves Hand Purifier has a plant-derived formula with safe ingredients that you can trust, including denatured alcohol, water, aloe barbadensis leaf powder, glycerin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, Peppermint oil, Clove oil, Lemon peel oil, Eucalyptus Radiata oil, Rosemary oil, and Cinnamon Bark oil.
Here are a few things to consider about our Thieves Hand Purifier:
- Hydroxypropyl cellulose is a plant-derived thickener and comes from cotton. Similar products on the market use an ingredient called Carbopol polymer instead, which is derived from petroleum. No, thank you!
- Denatured alcohol is denatured using essential oils such as Peppermint. Other commercial products on the market use chemical denaturants.
Once again, we’re getting a little long, so let’s end it here for this post and I will follow up in a couple of hours (4:00 pm) with the final products in this line that have helped me create a more toxin-free home resulting in the ability to create more often and stay inspired as I feel better overall and know that my family is safe while helping out with daily household chores and taking care of themselves.