In this post, we we will wrap up the series (Part 1, Part 2) on how ditching cleaning and personal care formulas with toxic chemicals and switching them for plant-based formulas helped me to establish a more creative environment in which I feel more inspired to release my gifts and talents and let my creativity run free.
Thieves Oral Care
Discover a new level of clean with Thieves oral care products. Healthy teeth start with products that clean without harsh chemicals. Discover natural alternatives for oral health with our essential oil-infused oral care products.
A recent study revealed that a common ingredient in toothpaste and hand wash may be contributing to antibiotic resistance, fostering the rise of superbugs. This ingredient is found in more than 2,000 products. It’s an antimicrobial compound called triclosan, and it was found by researchers at the University of Queensland to induce antibiotic resistance in E. coli bacteria. The lead researcher Jianhua Guo, of the UQ’s Advanced Water Management Centre, said that “[their] discovery provides strong evidence that the triclosan found in personal care products that we use daily (including toothpaste) is accelerating the spread of antibiotic resistance.” (See this article for full story: https://www.perthnow.com.au/…/triclosan-used-in-toothpaste-…)
Thieves® AromaBright® Toothpaste can help promote extra-clean teeth and gums. This top-selling toothpaste gently removes stains while polishing and brightening the appearance of teeth. The Peppermint and Spearmint essential oils combine for a minty-fresh flavor and long-lasting fresh breath. The best part is that this toothpaste is free of fluorides, dyes, synthetic perfumes, SLS, and synthetics such as triclosan.
Young Living also offers Dentarome Ultra®, Dentarome Plus®, and KidScents® toothpaste, which are all free of harsh chemicals.
Thieves Dental Floss is made with strong fibers that resist fraying and easily glide between teeth, especially those hard-to-reach places. Saturated twice, this hard-wearing floss provides two layers of essential oils, offering double the freshness to your breath. Thieves Floss has one layer of Thieves and one layer of Peppermint essential oil.
Even with regular brushing, children and adults can miss areas of the teeth and gums. Young Living’s Thieves Fresh Essence Plus® Mouthwash freshens and provides a whole-mouth clean. For incredibly clean teeth and gums, use Thieves Mouthwash to freshen your breath without the harmful effects of mouthwash, SLS, dyes, or artificial flavors.
Thieves Veggie Soak and Spray
Young Living’s Thieves® Fruit and Veggie Soak is the best way to safely clean your produce without having to worry about lingering additives, synthetics wax or dirt! As you soak your fruits and veggies, it effectively cleans with the power of three exclusive essential oil blends—DiGize, Thieves, and Purification. When combined with the other naturally derived ingredients, like Decyl glucoside, produce is easily and conveniently cleaned.
Decyl glucoside is the plant-based surfactant used in many Thieves products. It is a plant derived ingredient used to effectively remove dirt wax and other surface impurities.
To use, just add Thieves Fruit & Veggie Soak to a basin of water, soak for a few minutes, scrub (if needed), rinse, and enjoy eating your fruits and vegetables as nature intended!
Thieves Fruit and Veggie Spray is great for single use servings or when you are away from home. It is small and portable for convenient use at home or school. The convenient 2 oz. spray bottle fits in a purse, backpack, or carry-on, making it easily accessible. With just a few spritzes, you can quickly and efficiently clean fruits and vegetable no matter where you are.
Even if you’re buying organic produce, a fruit and veggie was will help clean your product from wax, dirt, and other surface impurities. You never know who has touched your produce at the store!
Unless you’re buying exclusively organic fruit and vegetables, thoroughly washing the produce you buy is pretty important. Many research studies say that insecticides, fungicides and plant growth regulators can build up in the bodies of children and adults.
Essential Oils for Cleaning
You can also enhance your cleaning with essential oils!
Essential oils can be diffused to freshen the air, naturally deodorize any space, and enhance your cleaners! Adding a few drops of essential oils such as Lemon, Pine, Purification®, Tea Tree and—of course—Thieves to Thieves Cleaner or your DIY cleaners is great way to improve your home cleaning.
These are some of our favorite oils to add to your cleaning routine. If you’re already using essential oils in your cleaning routine, tell us your favorite oils to clean with in the comments below!
- Often found in cleaners and soaps, Lemon’s citrus scent is an indispensable freshener in any home and is a cleaning must-have.
- Lemon has an energizing and uplifting aroma.
- It makes a great adhesive remover! Use a few drops to help remove stickers, labels, and goo from surfaces!
- Add a few drops to your laundry detergent or wool dryer balls for a pleasant, refreshing aroma.
- Add a few drops of Lemon to your surface cleaning solution to clean your floors, surfaces, and windows.
- Add a few drops to your toilet bowl to keep the room smelling fresh. Pro tip: Put a few drops in the bowl before you go to keep the room smelling fresh. Game changer.
- Make a toilet spritz by combining 15 drops of Lemon in ½ cup of rubbing alcohol and ½ cup of distilled water and save it in a glass spritzer bottle. Keep it handy to spray toilets before using to avoid smells from filling the room.
- Pine essential oil is steam distilled from the needles of the Pinus sylvestris tree, which originates in Austria, the United States, and Canada.
- Refresh your home with the rich aroma of Pine. This essential oil is a great addition to floor surface cleaners and creates an aroma reminiscent of fresh air and the outdoors.
- It adds a clean, sweet scent to your home when diffused!
- Add it to your Thieves Household Cleaner to mop your floors.
- Combine Pine with water and spray it on carpet for a fresh smell after vacuuming.
- Add a few drops of Pine to olive oil and Thieves Household Cleaner to shine your wood furniture and floors.
- Replace overpowering aerosol fragrance sprays with Purification. This blend is great to keep your home and laundry fresh.
- Purification is made up of six essential oils for the ultimate tool against odors: Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree.
- It creates a refreshing, bright scent that keeps you and your family happy and comfortable, especially in the springtime!
- Add a few drops to laundry to give your wash a great-smelling boost.
- Place a few drops on cotton balls or wood clothes pins and stash them wherever necessary: the car, closets and drawers, air vents, shoes, or gym bags.
- Create your own air freshener by mixing 5 drops of Purification and 2–3 drops of your favorite essential oil, plus a cup of distilled water, in a glass spritzer bottle to attack offensive smells after cooking. You can also use it to freshen your linens.
- Tea Tree is best known for its ability to get rid of musky, undesired odors. Diffuse it anywhere that needs some refreshing.
- Tea Tree is a great natural deodorizer.
- Mix 5 drops of Tea Tree and 3 drops of Lavender with a cup of baking soda to make your own carpet powder. Sprinkle it over carpet, let it sit for 15 minutes, and then vacuum away!
- This blend is a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils.
- Thieves fills any space with a rich, spicy aroma when diffused.
- Add a few drops to your dishwasher or dish water to thoroughly clean your dishes and eliminate odors.
- Add a few drops of Thieves to a cotton ball and leave it resting on your air conditioning vent to infuse your room with its spicy, sweet aroma and eliminate odors.
- Mix 1 part Thieves Household Cleaner and 3 parts baking soda to create a thick, deep-cleaning paste. Apply the mixture to desired areas and scrub thoroughly.
Start with Small Steps
By replacing a few products each month, we can make our homes healthier and more chemical- free. You already buy household items like soap and laundry detergent from the grocery store; you might as well spend your money more wisely on plant-based products that are infused with the powerful benefits of essential oils.
What if we took the money we spent on products that may be harmful and allocate those same dollars back into building up healthy homes through plant-based products?
Start the journey today! Right now, pick one to three products you want to replace this month. As you continue to use up existing products in your home, start replacing them with plant-based products for your family!
By consistently replacing a few products little by little, month by month, step by step, you can significantly reduce your family’s exposure to toxic chemicals. Be empowered! You have the option to use products that are perfect for you, your kiddos, and your pets!
As I mentioned in the first post, there is a Premium Starter Kit and an Essential Rewards package that are available for your convenience if you want to change a few items at once.
The Thieves Premium Starter Kit includes everything you will need to begin your journey of detoxifying your home. Enjoy over $220 worth of Young Living products for only $160, plus get an additional 24 percent off all future Young Living orders! You can choose this kit here today and begin your more toxin-free living within the next three weeks, depending upon the shipping you choose.
The Thieves Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Thieves essential oil 15-ml
- Thieves AromaBright™ Toothpaste
- Thieves Fresh Essence Plus™ Mouthwash
- 2 Thieves Household Cleaner
- 2 Thieves Foaming Hand Soap
- 2 Thieves Spray
- 2 Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier
- Stress Away™ 5-ml
- AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
- Thieves Household Cleaner 1-oz. sample
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Business Cards
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Oil Bottles
- 2 NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples
- Product Guide and Product Price List
- Essential Oils Magazine
- Essential Edge
- Member Resources
An option also available for those already using Young Living and for those just signing up who know they would like to join the Essential Rewards subscription to save money on their shipping, earn free products, and earn rewards points each month. You can continue your love for Thieves every month by adding the exclusive Thieves Essential Rewards kit to your next ER order. Enjoy over $200 worth of Thieves product for only $118.50 plus the amazing benefits of being on Essential Rewards.
The Thieves Essential Reward kit includes:
- Thieves essential oil blend, 15 ml
- Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste
- 2 Thieves Household Cleaner
- Thieves Mouthwash, 8 oz.
- 2 Thieves Foaming Hand Soap
- 2 Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier
- 2 Thieves Spray, 1 oz., 2 bottles
First, you need to sign up for Essential Rewards if you haven’t already (or at the time of signup, which I can show you how to do if you get confused). Who doesn’t love free products?
Essential Rewards is Young Living’s exclusive loyalty subscription that provides a variety of benefits:
- Customize your monthly order and save money!
- Choose your products and when your order processes.
- No risk! Change your order or cancel anytime!
- Receive reduced shipping rates and priority shipments.
- Gain access to exclusive monthly promotions.
- Earn Essential Rewards points with every order that work like cash to use toward future orders—up to 25 percent of each order back in points.
- Receive loyalty gifts for 3, 6, 9, and 12 months of consecutive participation.
- Get your order automatically every month.
An example of the monthly Essential Rewards promo (as noted above with “Gain access to exclusive monthly promotions”) and its resulting savings is as follows:
On the left you see that with the Thieves Essential Rewards ($118.50), you automatically qualify for the 100PV level reward and save $31.25 over if you ordered the products without the subscription. Depending upon your family’s usage, you can swap out the order every other month for a different set of oils, oil-infused products, or some of the wonderful supplements and pet care products we have as well.
The last part is definitely more salesy than I like to be in the blog, but I want to be sure you know how you can ditch and switch and start the journey to more toxin-free living. It makes such a difference with creativity, parenting, faith, and so much more when we aren’t putting useless chemicals into our body. Starting the switch from using essential oils just as aromatic pleasantries that helped me sleep more soundly or have an extra pep in my step to incorporating them into my everyday life is how I am able to be more creative, how I overcame a terrible creative block that lasted more than two years, and is how I ensure my family will enjoy their years with a clean home and healthy environment.