Welcome back! Let’s dive into four more of the oils: Frankincense, Thieves Vitality, Citrus Fresh, and Raven.
From enhancing spiritual and meditative practice to use in beauty routines, Frankincense essential oil is one of the most powerful essential oils and has a broad range of uses. The earthy, uplifting aroma is perfect for grounding and spiritual connectedness. In addition to elevated spiritual experiences, Frankincense can help you maintain the appearance of radiant skin. Its ability to smooth the appearance of healthy skin explains why this oil is a key ingredient in our Boswellia Wrinkle Cream™.
Frankincense has been traded around the Middle East and Africa for more than 5,000 years. In many parts of the world it is considered a holy anointing oil and has been used for thousands of years in religious ceremonies. During ancient times, it was valued more than gold and only those with great wealth and abundance had access to it. Frankincense is mentioned in one of the oldest known scientific records, the Ebers Papyrus, dating from the 16th century B.C.
Frankincense contains the naturally occurring constituents alpha-pinene, limonene, sabinene, and beta caryophyllene. These constituents play a major role in blends like Brain Power, Awaken, Highest Potential, Forgiveness, and a popular personal care products.
Young Living also offers Frankincense Vitality essential oil. It is the same pure essential oil, but is labeled specifically for internal use. This immune-supporting superstar can help bolster your oral health and hygiene and supports your overall health and well-being.*
11 Ways to use Frankincense & Frankincense Vitality essential oil:
- Elevate your beauty routine by adding Frankincense to your daily facial moisturizer for a radiant glow and to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Turn a boring nighttime routine into a luxurious getaway with Frankincense essential oil. Play some soft music and take a momentary escape to soothe your skin and balance your spirit.
- Pamper yourself—help reduce the appearance of uneven skin and blemishes by gently massaging anywhere skin needs a boost, aided by the lotion or carrier oil your skin loves most.
- Create a safe and comforting environment by diffusing this oil’s empowering aroma, particularly when you are seeking purpose or engaged in prayer or meditation.
- Add Frankincense to the back of your neck during yoga and meditation for calming aromatic properties that can support spirituality and inner strength.
- Promote feelings of relaxation by diffusing during your nightly routine. Frankincense blends well with Cedarwood, Lavender, and Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood.
- Add it to V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex and massage into muscles after a workout or prolonged activity.
- Add a few drops to a Young Living Lavender Bath bomb and drop in a warm back for a spa-like experience.
- Apply Frankincense to the back of your neck and temples while studying to create an uplifting and focused atmosphere.
- Add 1-2 drop of Frankincense Vitality to your daily dose of Ningxia Red to enjoy the smooth flavor and support healthy immune function.
- Add 1-2 drops of Frankincense Vitality to a vegetarian capsule daily to support your overall health. Try it combined with a drop of Copaiba Vitality and Lemon Vitality!
My favorite way to use Frankincense is to diffuse it when studying my Bible, meditating, journaling, or praying. I also add two drops to Vitamin E oil and massage that into my face before going to sleep. If I am short on funds, I will purchase Elemi, which some people call “The Poor Man’s Frankincense”.
Watch this video to learn more about this powerful oil.
Legend has it that in the 15th-century, French authorities offered leniency to a group of thieves in exchange for their secret aromatic mixture used while robbing graves. Their formulation of powerful botanicals was believed to protect them while they pillaged communities. Centuries later, we know that this secret blend of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals contained powerful, naturally derived constituents that may have protected this band of bandits.
Legend or not, Thieves® essential oil and Thieves Vitality™ provide both wellness support and the power to care for your home without synthetics or harsh chemicals. Thieves combines Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Rosemary, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Clove essential oils to create one of the most popular Young Living products.
Thieves has a warm, spicy scent that makes it perfect for diffusing anywhere and everywhere! You can also apply it topically to access the powerful cleansing properties. Using Thieves essential oil is easy because versatile, potent, and effective.
Below are some ideas for incorporating Thieves essential oil around your home:
- Neutralize strong unwanted odors by diffusing Thieves for a warm, inviting fragrance.
- Thieves is cleansing when applied topically—combine with a carrier oil and apply to your throat, neck, or bottom of your feet.
- Diffuse to freshen the room while cleaning out the fridge or in areas where rancid odors may be present.
- Combine with a carrier oil and apply on the feet for a warming foot massage.
- Add a few drops of Thieves into Epsom salts and soak in a warm bath. This is especially beneficial during winter months.
- Diffuse 6-8 drops to create a peaceful cozy environment.
- Add into your DIY cleaning recipes—especially great as a carpet refresher when combined with baking soda and sprinkled on the floor before vacuuming!
- Diffuse in bedrooms during seasonal changes.
Young Living also has Thieves Vitality™ which was specially formulated so that you and your family can enjoy the benefits of Thieves essential oil internally. Warm and spicy, Thieves Vitality can provide daily comfort in a cup of tea, but this synergistic blend of oils also combines to boost overall wellness and support a healthy immune system. Full of antioxidant properties, this blend can also be cleansing to the digestive system.*
- Support your immune system by taking a capsule of Thieves Vitality daily especially during times of need.
- Make a soothing winter tea by adding a few drops of Thieves and a tablespoon of honey into a warm tea.
- Carry with you while traveling and put a drop under your tongue for added wellness support.
- Boost your herbal teas and juices with antioxidant properties and a spicy-sweet flavor by adding a drop of Thieves Vitality.*
- Add a drop of Thieves Vitality to your daily shot of NingXia Red® for a quick, spicy boost to this YL favorite’s immune-boosting properties.
- Add a drop to oatmeal, granola, or other cereal to elevate your breakfast and help cleanse the digestive system.*
Also, it’s good to know that know that Young Living also offers Thieves in a Roll-on form, making topical application even more quick and convenient for on the go usage. With so many options for incorporating Thieves into your home, you are sure to fall in love with Thieves in no time!
Try making these DIYs.
Citrus Fresh Vitality
Citrus Fresh Vitality™ essential oil blend perfectly combines Orange, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Lemon, and Mandarin oils with the refreshingly cool taste of Spearmint to add a striking and unique pop of flavor to culinary dishes. This uplifting blend can be used to add zest to chicken, salmon, and gourmet salads. You can also try it on the go: Add it to your water to keep you motivated to stay hydrated. Citrus Fresh Vitality can also provide an internal boost with its antioxidants and cleansing properties.* Indulge with Citrus Fresh Vitality and never feel dull about the food you’re eating again!
Young Living also offer the topical/aromatic labeled Citrus Fresh. This blend will brighten any space with the smell of sunshine! Citrus Fresh is cheer in a bottle and the bright, clean aroma is certain to put a spring in your step.
Below are some ways you can benefit from Citrus Fresh and Citrus Fresh Vitality:
- Support the appearance of healthy-looking skin by diluting Citrus Fresh in a 1:1 ratio with your favorite nightly moisturizer and gently massage it onto your face.
- Feeling down? Diffuse Citrus Fresh in your home, office, or classroom for positive and uplifting aroma.
- Dilute Citrus Fresh in a 1:1 ratio with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and use it as a unique signature scent. Apply 2-3 drops on your wrist of neck.
- Add a few drops onto cotton balls and stash them in drawers, in air vents, under garbage cans, and in shoes for a quick boost of freshness.
- Start your day off with an energizing scent by adding a few drops to your body wash.
- Support your weight-management goals by using Citrus Fresh Vitality as a dietary supplement in conjunction with healthy eating and regular exercise.*
- Give water a burst of flavor with Citrus Fresh Vitality and make it easier than ever to reach your hydration goals!
- Get the benefit of the naturally occurring constituents limonene, beta-pinene, and linool when you add 1–2 drops of Citrus Fresh Vitality to your favorite fruit or vegetable juices.
- Support your wellness program by infusing your water with 2–3 drops of Citrus Fresh Vitality to your glass throughout the day.
- Use Citrus Vitality to add some zest to your favorite fruit salad, salad dressing, and marinade recipes.
Try making these recipes and DIYs.
Breathe deep with the brisk, refreshing aroma of Raven TM . Crafted with Ravintsara, Lemon, Wintergreen, Peppermint, and Eucalyptus Radiata, this complex blend creates a clear and crisp sensation that is perfect for waking up the senses. You’ll want to breathe in the cooling, comforting, and refreshing aroma anytime you need a boost. Raven contains the naturally occurring constituents eucalyptol, menthol, and methyl salicylate, which have all been heavily researched. These powerful oils and constituents make this blend a must have oil during the winter months.
- Treat yourself to spa-like pampering! Apply Raven to a warm, damp towel and place it on the back of your neck.
- Take in a burst of fresh air when you apply Raven to the front of your neck and chest.
- Massage into fatigued muscles after a workout or place 1-2 drops in your hands, rub together, cup over your nose and breathe deeply after extended physical activity.
- Combine with coconut oil to create your own DIY chest rub. Apply to the chest to promote deeper breathing.
- Diffuse next to your bed at night to create a refreshing atmosphere.
- Perk up your mornings by diffusing it in family areas.
Raven is great when you want to open up your airways and breathe deeply!
Check out this video for more information about Raven.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
See you in two hours for the next installment of this series, where we will talk about the last three oils in the kit: DiGize, PanAway, and Stress Away.