Welcome back! Let’s dive into five of the oils: Lavendar, Peppermint Vitality, Lemon Vitality, Peace & Calming, and Valor.
Let’s start with one of the most versatile and popular essential oils! Clear the air and calm your mind with the light, floral aroma of Lavender essential oil. The mild, soothing scent is perfect for winding down in the evening. Lavender essential oil isn’t just a favorite because of its classic scent—it’s also one of the most versatile, gentle, and popular essential oils. From skin care products to relaxing routines, this oil can infuse and enhance many areas of your life.
You can find Lavender essential oil in many Young Living blends, including Stress Away™, Tranquil™, RutaVaLa™, Forgiveness™, and Harmony™ as well as several personal care products like our Seedlings line.
15 ways to use Lavender and Lavender Vitality:
- Enjoy calm feelings and fight occasional nervous tension throughout the day by applying a few drops to your wrists and wearing Lavender as a perfume.
- Start your day on the right foot and support a worry-free outlook by diffusing Lavender as you get ready for the day.
- Set the stage for snuggles by diffusing the oil as part of your bedtime routine.
- Complement your beauty routine by adding a few drops to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products for cleansing properties and a classic aroma.
- Boost the appearance of youthful looking skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes by adding a few drops to your moisturizer.
- Calm your skin with a soothing body scrub using coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender oil.
- Add it to V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and apply topically to soothe the skin after a day in the sun or outdoors.
- Unwind in the evening with a calming, Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
- Use Lavender as part of a bedtime routine by rubbing it on the bottoms of your feet or diffusing it next to your bed.
- Dip your toes into calming waters; combine 1 cup of Epsom salt with 4 drops of oil in a hot bath.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, or car by combining Lavender with water in a glass spray bottle and spritzing over surfaces. You can also try adding a few drops directly to your pillows and bedding.
- Place a few drops of Lavender Vitality your water in the evening to help improve sleep quality for occasional sleeplessness.*
- Add 2 drops to a vegetarian capsule to take advantage of Lavender Vitality’s cleansing and antioxidant properties.*
- Use Lavender Vitality as a supplement to ease occasional nervous tension.*
- Add a few drops of Lavender Vitality to your favorite lemonade for a sophisticated floral twist.
One of my favorite ways to use Lavender Vitality is to add a drop to my chai or tea before bed.
Watch this video to learn even more about this versatile oil!
Try some of these DIYs with your new oil!
More than a refreshing flavor, Peppermint VitalityTM can keep your stomach in check by supporting healthy digestive function and gastrointestinal comfort.* The topical/aromatic Peppermint essential oil helps you keep your focus with its brisk aroma. Let its refreshing scent motivate your mind and your muscles while you energize before big projects or big races.
16 ways to use Peppermint and Peppermint Vitality essential oil:
- Make your digestive functions the least of your worries; add 1–2 drops of Peppermint Vitality to a vegetarian gel capsule and take daily.*
- Give your belly a break when you’ve had too much to eat by sipping a cup of herbal tea with an added drop of Peppermint Vitality.*
- Become a gut guru and enhance healthy gut function by adding a drop or two to a glass of water daily.
- Peppermint essential oil cools fatigued muscles after physical activity. Its main chemical constituent, menthol, is responsible for the cool, tingling sensation it leaves on the skin. It’s also found in sports creams! Apply Peppermint topically to experience this soothing sensation after hard physical activity!
- Find your focus. Turn your office into a motivation zone by diffusing this crisp, cool oil before settling in for the work day.
- Get a cool burst of energy before a big workout by applying Peppermint to your chest or inhaling it directly.
- Chill out after a long day. Dilute 1 drop of Peppermint with 4 drops of V-6™ or another carrier oil; then rub on the temples, forehead, and back of the neck. Be careful to avoid your eyes! You’ll feel a soothing, cooling sensation, courtesy of the constituents menthol and menthyl acetate.
- Help your family focus during homework time by adding Peppermint to your favorite diffuser blends.
- Soothe sun-kissed skin. Cool skin after a day in the sun by adding a few drops each of Peppermint and Lavender to aloe vera gel.
- Freshen carpets. Make a carpet powder with 1 cup of baking soda and 20-30 drops of essential oil. We love the purifying scent of Kunzea with Peppermint’s bright aroma
- Create your own DIY chest rub by combining Peppermint essential oil with a small amount of V-6.
- Stimulate your scalp. Add 3 drops of Peppermint to your shampoo in the morning and massage into your scalp for 2 minutes for a brisk way to start the day.
- When the temperature’s climbing and you feel like melted ice cream on a hot sidewalk, add two drops of Peppermint to a cold, damp washcloth. It’s perfect for the back of your neck, your forehead, or your chest.
- Freshen funky workout gear. Smelly gym bag or stinky shoes? Mix 2 ounces of water and 6 drops of Peppermint in a spray bottle to freshen it up! Add Purification® or Lemon for an extra boost of freshness.
- Give yourself a boost of positivity! When your day is dragging—through a workout, class, or day at work—enjoy some Peppermint oil benefits by applying it to your head and neck.
- When added to the bottom of a shower, Peppermint revitalizes and soothes with the aromatic steam.
With this type of versatility, everyone needs a bottle of Peppermint on hand!
My favorite way to use Peppermint Vitality is to add a drop to my water, as noted in the next section. I also like to add it to my Slique Shake in the morning for a refershing burst of flavor!
Learn more about this refreshing oil in this video.
Try some of these DIYs with your new oil!
Nothing smells cleaner than the bright, fresh scent of lemon. Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the rinds of lemons and has a bright, joyful aroma that smells like freshly picked fruit! It takes over 75 lemons to make one 15ml bottle of Lemon essential oil. Lemon oil can help eliminate odors, enhance your cleaners, and infuse your whole home with its cheerful and sweet lemon-drop scent. It can also benefit your skin and hair as much as the aroma enhances your environment. This oil is a key ingredient in many hair and skin care products, Thieves® cleaning products, and essential oil blends such as Thieves®, Citrus Fresh™, Clarity™, Joy™ and Harmony™.
Young Living also offers Lemon Vitality TM, it is the same pure oil as the topical/aromatic counterpart, but is labeled specifically for internal use. Lemon Vitality is more than a zesty flavor you can add to dishes; it is also filled with antioxidant and cleansing properties that can help support a healthy immune system.
How do you use Lemon and Lemon Vitality essential oil?
- Diffuse Lemon’s refreshing scent to eliminate odors and invite a bright, sunny atmosphere into your home.
- It’s energizing, invigorating, and uplifting aroma can be used during times of occasional sadness. Try putting a few drops in your palm, place your hands over your nose, and take 5 deep breaths when you need an uplifting aroma.
- Lemon creates a more focused environment when diffused.
- Want that extra glow? Add Lemon to your nightly moisturizer to reduce the appearance of aging and for a radiant, youthful glow. Make sure to avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours
- Remove pesky adhesive labels and stickers with the help of a few drops.
- Keep your house extra fresh and clean by adding a few drops to Thieves® Household Cleaner and your favorite DIYs.
- Get rid of odors in your kitchen by adding a few drops of Lemon oil in your sink and in your garbage disposal after you wash your dishes!
- Spruce up your jewelry using a Lemon essential oil-soaked cloth.
- Experience Lemon Vitality’s internal cleansing and immune supporting properties by flavoring your water with 1–2 drops each morning.*
- Take advantage of Lemon Vitality’s circulatory support by taking 1–2 drops in a vegetarian gel capsule as a dietary supplement.*
- When cooking, use Lemon Vitality to substitute any recipe that calls for lemon juice, lemon extract, or lemon zest for a powerful punch of flavor!
- Add a drop to your favorite fruit smoothies and enjoy Lemon Vitality’s antioxidant properties. You can also spray it on cut fruit to keep it from browning.
- Make treats your whole family will love without loads of added sugar by boosting the flavor with Lemon Vitality. Use Lemon Vitality to create custom vinaigrettes or marinades to add a bright taste to salads or grilled meat and vegetables.
- Add Lemon Vitality to a tall glass of water for a fresh, antioxidant-infused drink to start your day.*
My favorite way to use Lemon oil is by adding two drops along with 2 drops of Peppermint to my 48-ounce insulated drink container filled with ice and water. I then refill my water throughout the day and the ice adds the refreshing taste to my water for about four – five refills. It’s energizing and uplifting and encourages me to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.
Want to learn more? Watch this short video.
Try making these recipes with your new oil.
Valor ® essential oil is one of the most popular Young Living blends and has an empowering aroma that is used to inspire confidence, bravery, and strength. Valor’s powerful scent combines Black Spruce, Blue Tansy, Geranium, Camphor Wood, and Frankincense essential oils. Each essential oil in the blend was carefully selected for its unique aromatic and topical benefits: Frankincense for its uplifting, earthy aroma and skin-smoothing properties; Black Spruce for its grounding, woodsy fragrance; Blue Tansy for its inspiring aromatic profile—which also gives Valor it’s dark blue coloring; Geranium for its sweet, floral aroma; and Camphor Wood for its skin-benefiting properties and strong, herbaceous scent.
Valor is an essential part of Young Living’s signature raindrop Technique and was one of Founder, D. Gary Young’s favorite blends. Valor is available in a roll-on as well as a 5ml bottle!
Valor is easy to use in your everyday life:
- Apply on your wrists before a big presentation or busy day at work to help inspire confidence.
- Diffuse in the morning to jump-start a busy day with an uplifting, affirming scent.
- Apply topically along the spine or on the bottoms of your feet before your next chiropractic appointment.
- Heighten feelings of strength and courage by wearing it as an inspiring personal fragrance.
- Instill feelings of bravery, positivity, and courage in your children before new activities by applying Valor at the base of their skull and wrists.
- Refresh yourself emotionally by directly inhaling or massaging onto your neck, chest, hands, or wrists.
- Valor also creates a grounding environment, so incorporate it into your yoga and meditation practices, either through topical or aromatic use. Apply on spine
- If you’re feeling intimidated by a long to-do list, get ready for a demanding day by rubbing it on your feet, hands, and neck or diffuse it first thing in the morning to enjoy the warm, affirming scent. Apply on your temples and inhale while saying affirmations for added focus and strength
- Start your day by inspiring confidence—add a few drops of Valor to our Bath and Shower Gel Base.
- Take your massage to the next level with a few drops of Valor and carrier oil for a rejuvenating experience.
I like to use Valor on my wrist before turning in for a day of sleep after working an all-night shift.
Let’s listen to this video to learn more about this oil.
Peace & Calming
Take a moment away from the stressors of life and settle into peace and relaxation with Peace and Calming ® essential oil. With a gentle, calming aroma, the sweet scent will help you drift into a comfortable, tranquil bliss at the end of a long day. The relaxing blend of Tangerine, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, and Blue Tansy essential oil is the perfect companion for your meditation, evening routine, or playtime with the kids.
How can your life benefit from Peace and Calming?
- Finish your day with a relaxing massage; add Peace and Calming to your favorite carrier oil.
- Create a den of Zen by diffusing when you need to create peace and calm.
- Soak tired feet in a warm bath with a few drops of to release the tension of the day.
- Add Peace and Calming to your skin routine—add a few drops into your moisturizer in the evening to help improve the appearance of skin.
- Infuse your steamy showers with the grounding aroma after a busy day of work and errands.
- Diffuse during your daily meditation or yoga practice.
- Take P&C with you on trips where sleep schedules may be interrupted or need adjusting.
- Combine with water in a spray bottle and spritz around your home before your kids get home from school.
- Add it to the Young Living Bath and Shower Gel Base for a calming cleanser everyone will love
- Diffuse at work during stressful or exhausting situations to help create a peaceful environment.
- Combine in a diffuser with Citrus Fresh and start your day with an uplifting and grounding scent.
- Make long car rides with the family more peaceful by diffusing few drops!
- Make home a haven with the inviting aroma and encourage gathering among the ones you love.
If I had to rate this blend, I’d give it a 10! We keep it on hand at all times in our home.
Here’s a short video with more information for you.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
See you in two hours for the next installment of this series, where we will discuss four more of the oils: Frankincense, Thieves Vitality, Citrus Fresh, and Raven.