Young Living Training and Education gave us another great class for you! As such, I have updated the wording as needed and turned it into a blog series for you for our Saturday Oils Education segments. If you have any questions, message me or leave a comment and I will answer them for you. If you don’t have a Premium Starter Kit (Oils) yet, check out the options here or connect with me and we’ll get you set up for delivery!
Welcome to the Premium Starter Kit (Oils)!
We are so glad you joined Young Living or are thinking about it! In this series we are going to walk you through your Premium Starter Kit; how to use each oil, how to use each product, and basic usage tips. This class was designed to empower each of you with the knowledge to live a more natural and empowered lifestyle and share it with others! You can use any of the images, copy, and videos to create your own Facebook group or use the information to share on other social media platforms.
A Note About This Series
There is QUITE A BIT of information here, so I have broken it into 6 parts. I will post each Part in two-hour intervals throughout the day it isn’t too overwhelming. Feel free to share this series with your friends who are interested in Young Living!
Let’s get started!
Premium Starter Kit Unboxing!
In this video, we quickly walk you through the PSK oils and products. Then we will cover each product in depth in the upcoming sections. Have a friend thinking about getting the kit? Send this video to them to help them understand what’s in it!
What are Essential Oils?
In your Premium Starter Kit, you have twelve of the most versatile and popular essential oils that will help you handle just about anything life throws at you! Essential oils are powerful tools that can support your family’s wellness in a world bombarded by quick-fix, synthetic solutions, that often contain harmful ingredients, to mimic the very properties that nature built into botanicals.
What is an essential oil? Volatile liquids and natural compounds found in plants, herbs, and trees that are obtained by careful steam distillation, cold pressing, or resin tapping. Each essential oil contains hundreds of naturally occurring chemical constituents, many of which have been studied for their extensive benefits. This is what makes an oil so versatile! Highly concentrated and more potent than the herb, essential oils are also fat soluble and volatile which makes them readily available for our bodies to use!
These powerful, pure essential oils are not just a new fad or trend; they have enhanced lives for thousands of years, offering a variety of benefits, from beauty and dietary purposes to spiritual and religious use. You can use oils for aromatherapy, change the atmosphere and mood of any space, support a healthy body, add them to your beauty routine, enhance DIY recipes, and even clean with them! Every aspect of daily life can benefit from the incorporation of essential oils.
There are three ways to use essential oils: aromatically, topically, and internally. Each method benefits our body in different ways. The next three posts will go into detail on how to use your essential oils.
How to Use Oils Topically
Applying essential oils on your skin is convenient, practical, effective, and a great way to experience some of their many benefits! You can enhance your massage, apply to fatigued areas after exercise, smooth the appearance of wrinkles, support healthy-looking skin, and so much more! Try applying oils to your feet, adding them to a foot bath or massage oil, or adding them to your beauty products.
Here are a few areas to apply essential oils found in your PSK:
- Face: Oils are amazing for enhancing your beauty routine. Frankincense and Lavender can help reduce the appearance of blemishes and fine lines for a more radiant glow!
- Forehead, neck, base of skull, and temples: Use oils like Peppermint and PanAway ® for a cooling sensation on targeted areas.
- Abdomen: Try applying oils like DiGize® and Peppermint over your stomach before and after meals
- Wrists and chest: Apply your favorite scent as a natural perfume without all the harsh chemicals. Stress Away and Peace and Calming are some of our favorite relaxing scents.
- Chest: Raven® is great to help freshen the airways. Mix with a carrier oil and apply to the chest!
- Hair: You can support the appearance of healthy-looking hair with Lavender and Frankincense.
- Bottoms of feet: The bottoms of the feet are a good place to apply oils because the skin on your feet is not as sensitive as other areas. Massaging your feet can also stimulate nerve endings, which can be very beneficial for your entire body. Try applying Valor or Lavender as you try to unwind after a long day.
When using essential oils topically, it is important to know a few safety guidelines:
- We do not recommend using essential oils in your eyes, ear canals, and other sensitive areas.
- Remember to dilute your essential oil with a carrier oil, especially if you are new to essential oils. Carrier oils will ensure that the essential oil applied is comfortable on the skin. These are fat soluble oils like Young Living’s V-6 TM Vegetable Oil Complex, coconut oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil. Diluting does not dilute the power or effect of the essential oil. Look for specific dilution ratios on Young Living essential oil bottles. Once you are familiar with how your body reacts to essential oils, you can try applying gentle oils like Frankincense and Lavender directly on your skin without a carrier oil.
- Stop using the oil if irritation or discomfort on the skin occurs, and do not rinse with water. Apply a carrier oil to the affected area. Oils are hydrophobic which means on a molecular level they repel from water molecules. So if you decide you no longer want an oil on your skin, washing it off with water will not work. Use a carrier oil to rinse and dilute essential oils.
- Citrus-based oils and blends may cause temporary photosensitivity. This means they will make your skin more sensitive to the sun. Follow individual label instructions and avoid direct sunlight for 12–48 hours. We recommend applying citrus oils on skin that will not be exposed to direct light.
The skin is the body’s largest organ and it acts similar to a sponge–everything we apply topically gets absorbed into the body. This is just one of the reasons we should be using quality, plant-based products for our skin and in our personal care products.
I love to apply Stress Away and Peace and Calming to my wrists before leaving the house when I am going to be with large crowds. These are two of my favorite oils from the kit and two that I ensure I always have available.
How To Use Oils Aromatically
Using essential oils aromatically is one of the most powerful ways to enjoy their benefits! Aromas are processed in the body before we are consciously aware of it, and they can set the mood and atmosphere in any environment. The sense of smell is directly connected to the limbic lobe of your brain, also known as the emotional control center. The limbic lobe is responsible for your mood, memory, behavior, feelings, and emotions, and it is connected to the olfactory bulb in the nose. When a scent arrives to the limbic system, your body responds by releasing unique chemicals into your brain, causing different reactions, depending on the aromas detected.
The same concept applies to aromas from essential oils! Those scents can set the mood or bring up memories before you are even aware of it. The sense of smell can have a profound impact on your emotions and inner desires.
Your sense of smell serves as a channel to connect to your inner systems. Next time you diffuse your favorite essential oil to eliminate odors, know that you are experiencing more benefits than just a good-smelling room!
Some ways you can experience the aromatic benefits of essential oils are:
- Diffuse! You have a diffuser in your kit, open it up and start using it today!
- Put a few drops in your hand, cup your nose, and slowly inhale.
- Apply to your wrists or neck for an aromatic boost throughout the day.
- Apply a few drops to your diffuser jewelry of choice.
- Add 2-3 drops to cotton balls and place them around your home.
- Make a linen spray or bedroom mist by mixing essential oils and water in a glass spray bottle.
My favorite oils to diffuse from the kit are Peppermint–especially when I want a bit of a pick-me-up to help me feel more energetic, and Raven–especially when I would like to open my airways. One of my current favorite blends includes a couple of oils not in the kit: 3 drops Raven, 2 drops Clarity, and 2 drops Roman Chamomile. Oh my! It’s like open airway and mental clarity heaven. Relaxation in a diffuser!
How to Use Vitality Oils Internally
Did you know that you can use essential oils internally? Young Living’s Vitality line was created so you can enjoy the benefits of essential oils internally. This white labeled collection of oils is specifically labeled for dietary or internal use; whereas, the “regular” essential oils are labeled for topical/aromatic use. The essential oil inside both bottles is the exact same pure essential oil—the label and recommended usage are the only differences! You can use the Vitality line in your cooking, to flavor your favorite beverages, create your own veggie capsules, and support many different body systems. Vitality essential oils are a great way to keep yourself healthy!
Young Living Vitality Oils are Non-GMO project verified. To receive this certification, all Vitality oils passed through third-party verification, auditing, and testing. This distinction is yet another example of our Seed to Seal quality commitment.
Vitality oils are the appropriate essential oils to use when sharing internal use practices and cooking recipes with others. Please remember that Young Living always encourages you to use products as labeled!
Below are few powerful ways you can use Vitality essential oils!
- Add a few drops of Lemon Vitality to your water for antioxidant properties and immune and circulatory support.*
- Support a Healthy immune system by adding Thieves Vitality to a veggie capsule.
- Put a drop of German Chamomile Vitality on your tongue or put in a capsule for mood support and to help calm occasional nervous tension.*
- Grapefruit Vitality supports weight management, the lymphatic and circulatory systems, and is cleansing,* enhance the taste of your smoothies or veggie juice with this bold flavor!
- Add a few drops of Peppermint Vitality to your favorite drink to support normal digestion.*
- Lavender Vitality promotes restful sleep, the feeling of calm and fights the occasional nervous tension.*
The Young Living blog has lots of fun and creative ways to cook with your essential oils, check them out here: https://www.youngliving.com/blog/
Remember essential oils are potent, one drop goes a LONG way when cooking. Try dipping a toothpick in your bottle, swirl the toothpick in your dish, and then slowly add more oil to taste.
If adding oils to a drink, be sure to use a glass or stainless-steel bottle because oils will eat away plastic. Use caution when using an oil on any soft, plastic surface.
What’s your favorite way to use Vitality oils?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
See you in two hours for the next installment of this series, where we will begin discussing each oil!