Hey all! I had soooo many sermons this week to choose from. While listening, I realized that I don’t know about your favorite teachers and preachers. So far in this series (a year old next week!), I have shared the following churches and teachers / preachers / ministers:
- Elevation Church (Steven Furtick)
- Savage Jesus series (also includes Micahn Carter, Michael Todd, Wade Joye)
- When It All Falls Apart (Lisa Harper)
- Love Hard Even When it’s Hard Lisa Harper)
- Chasing Contentment (Wade Joye)
- Transformation Church (Michael Todd)
- Planted Not Buried series (also includes Charles Metcalf, Tim Ross)
- Release series
- Ducks in a Row series (also includes Robert Morris)
- How to Have Your Life Not Suck (Bianca Olthoff)
- The Blessing of Basic
- The Potter’s House at One LA & Potter’s House Denver (Toure & Sarah JakesRoberts)
- The Year of Perspective (Toure Roberts)
- Assembly Required (Sarah Jakes Roberts)
- The Hollow Place (Sarah Jakes Roberts)
- Relentless Church (John Gray)
- The Waiting Room
- Vous Church (Rich Wilkerson)
- Even If (from Awakening Confernece)
- Zoe Church (Chad Veach)
- Tested, Tempted, Turned Around
- Tony Evans
- Stop Blocking Your Miracle
- Hope City Church (Jeremy Foster)
- Bring on the Blessings
- Priscilla Shirer
- Let Revival Begin with Me
- Van Moody
- Why Can’t I Open the Door
- The Father’s House OC (Matt & Bianca Olthoff)
- The Process of the Promise
- How to Have Your Life Not Suck (at Together Church)
- Together Church (Micahn Carter)
- By Any Means Necessary
- Change Church (Dharius Daniels)
- I Quit Church series
- Lisa Harper
- When It All Falls Apart (at Elevation Church)
- The Immutability of God (at James River Church)
- Love Hard Even When it’s Hard (at Elevation Church)
- Pastor YPJ
- It’s Not in Vain
- Fresh Life Church (Levi Lusko)
- The Life You Get Stuck With
- Trinity Church Cedar Hill (Robert Madu)
- I’ve Seen This Before
- Times for Various Online Campuses
- LifeWater Church (Javier Santos)
If you want to listen to any of the above, you can do a quick YouTube search or go to the home page of this blog and click on the “Search keyword” bar. Enter the title and you’ll be able to see if from the blog. I didn’t want to make the post link heavy so I left them out.
I wanted to make a note also that there are some preachers on the list who have been in the media for various things. I don’t know all the details and can’t possibly know them since I don’t attend these churches. What I know is the power of the messages they share and how the message comes through with passion and power, if we are willing to receive it. IF my Savior can ride a donkey into town on what we now call Palm Sunday, I can listen to an imperfect human share a message. I’ve dealt with pain in my own life where a pastor or minister hasn’t lived up to what my ideal for them was and understand the way it impacts someone, but the message is still the message. Let’s be sure not to spread ill will toward others or speak on things we don’t know and fully understand. Rather, choose not to listen to those messages and to pray for the people you question.
Who are your favorite preachers and teachers? Do they have a link where I can check them out and listen online? I am going to start adding in some churches I streamed before it was the IN thing to do. I’d love to also add in some churches local to readers on the blog if you have favorites in your area. Drop your comments and links below or message me through my Contact Me page. I look forward to listening to some of your favorite minsters.
And for those who love what I share… here’s one more so you don’t go without this week!
weird how you recommend we listen to pastors who cheat on their wives, get church workers pregnant, use church money to build themselves a mansion then flee town. talking About Micahn Carter
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Robert, I haven’t heard about this. The individuals I’ve shared are people I’ve enjoyed listening to. God used a donkey to deliver our King, He can use any type of human to deliver a message to us. The messages I share are ones I believe have a strong message for us, help us lean in more to our Savior, or speak to a situation someone has emailed about or that I am experiencing.
I do not condone the actions stated above from anyone, Christian or not, but wouldn’t have a way of knowing the actions of every single pastor. I do however thank you for bringing it to my attention so I can investigate to see if I need to add a note about the news. I’ve tried to be careful on who I share so that both Christian and non-Christian can be blessed by the messages and wouldn’t want to share something without a disclaimer about how a message can come through an imperfect vessel and still touch us deeply.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention so I can look. Do you have recommendations for pastors you enjoy listening to who have an online presence? The point of this series is to show the variety and help people who may not step into a building find the messages from home.
Hi Robert, I have been doing some reading today because of your inquiry. My heart is saddened by what I’ve read, as it’s all terrible news and led to learning of things I was completely unaware of. Some of it is beyond my level of understanding, but I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I still believe the messages he shared have warrant for us – as both “By Any Means Necessary” and “Throw it Off” were powerful messages about transformation. I believe we need to pray for people who struggle in ANY capacity, and especially pastors because there is so much we don’t know behind the scenes. And from my reading today, even more than I realized we didn’t know. Moving forward for 2020, since I didn’t receive any recommendations for pastors to listen to, I am going to share songs and spoken words on Sundays with the occasional sermon, since the truth is that growing in faith is about so much more than just hearing someone else’s words. This was already on my plan and your message helps me realize that I can’t possible vett each pastor I hear to ensure I am sharing people whose character matches the call. I don’t want to cause anyone to fall away from God or continue to think of Christians as hypocrites when already hurt, so I will ensure as well that I am clear the message is what I believe in powerful, as I believe pastors are vessels through which words flow. Just as we fall, they do. Let us all lift Micahn and April Carter and their family up and not be ones to spread more of the pain and hurt.