Before we jump into today’s post, I have a couple of disclaimers since I will be talking about emotions and sharing some product links.
- I am NOT a doctor and I don’t play one online. I am an essential oil enthusiast who lives a life where I grab essential oils prior to other options because it works for me. Check with your doctor and do not go off medication without talking to him or her first. There is a transition period needed for MANY medications that help with issues you may be trying to balance. Your primary care specialist and therapist should know you best so take this information into consideration and then talk with them about it and how it may be able to help you IF you find it useful.
- I am a Young Living Brand Partner and member of the Amazon Associates program. If you purchase products from the links in this post, I may make a commission from your purchase.
This time of year is often the hardest for many. If you are one of the folks who struggle to get through the holidays without having a complete breakdown, who struggle to be around all the “Ohhhhh Christmas Cheer!!!” people, or who are dealing with grief this year due to recent loss and pain, today’s post may help you. Let’s talk about how to manage your emotions this holiday season.
My go-to solution when I am stressed is to journal. Whether it is by writing out my feelings or doodling, by listening to a sermon and journaling my thoughts, or by writing out a conversation that makes me feel like I have released the feelings, journaling is where you will see me first. I will dab a bit of Release essential oil over my heart and then diffuse Stress Away as I write.
If you’d like some sermon ideas, check out the Sunday Sermons category.
Coloring / Bible Study
If after journaling my feelings I still feel stressed, I will pull out my Beautiful Word Coloring Bible and Mr. Pen Bible Journaling Highlighters and Pens, along with Crayola Colored Pencils, and spend time reading and coloring within the Bible. I find this helps me to reconnect where I am feeling “off” and give God a chance to speak into me, as I am coloring scriptures and relaxing.
Do Some DIY and Create Something
Whether it’s by making some dough to play around with, using my sandbox, or baking, there’s something so soothing in making DIYs. During this time of year, they can make great gifts. Here are a few ideas:
- Stress Relievers – Oils, Activities, and Music – The Essential Creative
- DIYs Using Young Living Essential Oils
- DIY Winter Wellness
- Or any other post under the DIY category.
How Essential Oils Help Balance Emotions
Essential oils have enhanced lives for thousands of years, offering a variety of benefits from cosmetic and dietary purposes to spiritual and religious use.
Young a living has always been at the forefront of bringing this anchor to tradition to modern users, introducing millions to emotional, physical, and spiritual wellness that can be truly life-changing!
Extracted through careful steam distillation, resin tapping, and cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they come. Any time you hold the bottle of Young Living’s powerful essential oils, you hold nature pure essence.
What do you do if you can’t afford the Feelings Kit or if you already the Premium Starter Kit from a past purchase and want to use up oils you already have on hand? Here are some ideas:
- Drop one drop each of Lavender, Frankincense, and Stress Away into your hand.
- Rub your hands together.
- Inhale slowly for 30 seconds and let go of your negative emotions.
- Repeat affirmations to yourself as you inhale to influence your thoughts and feelings. (See below for a download of affirmations you can speak over yourself.)
If you would like more information or would like to sign up to become a member, you can connect with me. If you prefer a less hands-on way to join or are already set on joining and just want me to contact you after you sign up, you can read here to learn how to get started (and see the current promos and various options for joining) and then follow the instructions. If you are already a member, contact your sponsor so they can help you, as we don’t allow cross-line purchasing or “stealing” of customers. My goal is education and building up the toxin-free creative community not taking members from other Young Living Brand Partners. 🙂