January 9, 2022 – Devil You’ve Held Me Long Enough
Each week, I take notes in a notebook just for sermons from Elevation. I then summarize those notes in my Silk + Sonder journal. This allows me to quickly look back throughout the week at the scriptures and notes that stood out to me, while also showing me over the course of a year how various sermons spoke to me. When I go back and listen again, I see see how I’ve changed and how I am hearing new things.
For those of you who may not be able to read my writing or see the screen well, here they are:
- Devil’s voice sounds like ours, God’s because it’s an inside voice. Must KNOW God and His character so we KNOW His voice.
- Know the difference between truth and traps.
- We must get sick enough of where we are and how things are in order for things to change in 2022.
- Am I ready to give up my story?
- Am I shrinking my belief to the level of my experience or letting God raise me to the level of His blessing?
- MUST release lies that devil has said and that we’ve told ourselves and accept God’s truth.
- Don’t let your traumas become your truth. Don’t let your trials become your truth. GOD is your truth.
- Can’t hold trust AND trash at the same time.
- Release the lies. Release the hurt. Release the pain.
(NOTE: The above is a referral link. If you choose to click on it and purchase the Silk + Sonder journal subscription, you may be offered a discount and I may receive a thank you for the company in form of payment since I am an annual subscriber. I am not currently an affiliate and do not earn a commission from your purchase.)
Other Posts from this Series
The Series Details
Each Sunday I will share the sermon from four weeks ago. Why an old sermon? Because I don’t want to give you notes from the one that is fresh from that morning. You have all week to listen to that one yourself and attend the replays of the service if you’d like to (just visit their website or Facebook page for details). Instead, I am going to share ones that you have possibly seen already and will maybe glean new insight from as you [hopefully] watch again and then read my notes. Or maybe you have note heard the sermon yet because you don’t attend Elevation or haven’t even heard of them, in which case, grab a beverage, a notebook, a pen or pencil, and press play below so you can listen. Then check out my notes below and see if I heard or learned something different from you.
I always love how many people can hear the same sermon but walk away with different lessons. My hope in sharing this series is that you will be encouraged and walk in power because of what you learn. If you don’t believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, I invite you to listen anyway and see what you might walk away with that makes your week a bit better or you a bit stronger.
The thing I love most about Elevation and the pastors who speak there is that they all truly love Jesus enough to let God do the heavy lifting (meaning they share what they know and love and let Him do the rest). We all become stronger and better when we can lay aside what divides us and instead stand on what unites us. Here in this community, we are all united as creatives who are trying to do better, be better, and love better, and these messages can help us do that even if we listen from different belief systems.