Since they are hot this season and I have had a few requests for pumpkin spice and everything nice…here are some fun essential oil DIYS for pumpkins, pumpkin treats, and pumpkin spice smell! All recipes are from our friends over at Young Living Training and Education.
Pumpkin Spice Thieves Household Cleaner
Pumpkin Spice Thieves Household Cleaner will be the best thing that ever happened to your house! Make your home smell like fall while you clean! Add 2 drops of Orange, 2 drops of Nutmeg, and 2 drops of Cinnamon essential oil to your diluted Thieves Cleaner. You can also try adding a drop of Cardamon, Clove, or Ginger!
Who is ready to try this in their home?
Pumpkin Preserve Spray
One of the most popular October activities is carving pumpkins! After you’ve carved your masterpiece, keep your jack-o’-lantern looking perky and fresh with a natural preserve spray! This recipe features two of Young Living’s most popular oils, each containing powerful constituents.Combine Thieves and Peppermint essential oils with witch hazel in a 4 oz spray bottle. Fill the rest up with water and spray your pumpkin generously. Spray again every 1-2 days as needed.
Fall Diffuser Blends
Make your home smell like Pumpkin Spice without all the harsh chemicals from candles and plug-ins. You will want to wrap yourself in blanket and sip on a warm cup of spiced orange cider because this blend will make you feel right at home and ready for the holidays! All you need is Orange, Nutmeg and Clove essential oils! These oils not only smell good, they also have many benefits! For this deliciously warm blend combine the following oils in your diffuser:
- 5 drops of Orange essential oil
- 3 drop of Nutmeg essential oil
- 2 drops of Clove essential oil
This is a great diffuser blend for fall because it will make your whole home feel warm and toasty, and keep everyone uplifted and harmonized! Once you try this combo, you won’t be able to get enough!
- Orange Essential Oil:
- Orange essential oil, cold-pressed from the rinds of oranges, has a juicy aroma reminiscent of the fresh fruit.
- Offers a sweet, peaceful aroma that can fill a room with a sense of peace, harmony, and creativity.
- A great seasonal scent for both warm and cool months.
- Nutmeg Essential Oil:
- Nutmeg has a warm, spicy aroma that is energizing and uplifting.
- Nutmeg essential oil blends well with Orange, Clary Sage, any Eucalyptus, and Ginger.
- Clove Essential Oil:
- Has a spicy, warm scent that’s instantly familiar because of its connection to fall and winter holidays.
- Is distilled from the culinary spice clove, which has been used for thousands of years
- Contains eugenol which makes it a potent and powerful essential oil
- Clove oil uses include topical applications such as massage oils and personal care products.
Here are some others to try below.
DIY Brown Sugar and Pumpkin Scrub
By now ALL things pumpkin have invaded your home. But has pumpkin made it into your skin care products? Stay ahead of the cold, dry days and nourish your skin with this yummy DIY brown sugar and pumpkin scrub infused with essential oils to promote glowing, healthier-looking skin for this season!
- ½ cup organic, sugar-free pumpkin puree
- ½ cup organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 drop of Cedarwood essential oil
- 1 drop of Frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop of Helichrysum essential oil
- In a glass jar, mix all of the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is achieved.
- Gently apply on clean skin and scrub with circular motions. After scrubbing, let mixture sit on skin for 5-10 minutes before rinsing. Can be used on face and body.
- Best if done in the shower to avoid a mess.
- Seal and refrigerate for freshness, and use within five days of mixing.
Here’s a few reasons we chose these ingredients!
- Pumpkin puree: this orange vegetable is packed with vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene. When used topically, it promotes healthy-looking skin and hair.
- Sugar: natural humectant; it helps the skin retain moisture and gently exfoliates.
- Coconut oil: has many benefits for the skin. In this scrub, it’s for moisturizing.
- Cedarwood essential oil:
- Contains naturally occurring constituents that are high in sesquiterpenes, including alpha-himachalene, alpha-himachalene, and gamma-himachalene
- Has a soothing sensation when applied to minor, everyday skin irritations
- Helps maintain the appearance of healthy, youthful skin -Is conditioning to the scalp and hair
- Is cleansing to the skin when applied topically
- Can be massaged into the scalp for the appearance of thick, healthy-looking hair
- Frankincense essential oil:
- Contains the naturally occurring constituents alpha-pinene, limonene, sabinene, and beta-caryophyllene
- Can be used for massage after activity
- Can be applied topically to promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin and to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone
- Helichrysum essential oil:
- Contains the naturally occurring constituents neryl acetate, gamma-curcumene, and alpha-pinene
- Promotes the appearance of youthful, healthy-looking skin
- Has skin-cleansing properties
- Reduces the appearance and texture of uneven skin tone
- Promotes a youthful, glowing complexion