It’s that time of year where we dig out all the sweaters, mugs, Autumn decorations, and everything Pumpkin Spice! To commemorate this occasion, here are some of our favorite recipes, DIYs (such as recipes, scrubs, pumpkin preserve spray, pumpkin spice scented Thieves Household cleaner), and diffuser blends! Unless otherwise noted, the recipes come from Young Living.
As a note, if you purchase any of the oils from the links I have provided, I will earn a commission since I am a Young Living Brand Partner (#2298760). If you are already a Young Living member, please visit your account to place your order. If you have any questions and do not already have an account, please connect with me. Young Living has updated their structure and you can now receive a 24% discount by simply spending 100 PV or subscribing to one item!
Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa
From October to December, pumpkin spice reigns supreme! Bring its warm, cozy taste to your family with this naturally sweetened recipe! Just mix in Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg, and Clove Vitality™. One sip will bring back memories of golden leaves, warm mittens, and pumpkin patches!
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk, soy milk, or other milk of your choice
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Nutmeg Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Clove Vitality essential oil
Heat the milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan until at desired temperature.
Drop the 3 essential oils drops into mug and then pour warmed mixture into mug.
Stir and top with marshmallows if desired.
Buy the oils from this recipe here.
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup, optional
- 1/4 cup organic vegan butter, cold
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cut water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 packets stevia
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality
- Pinch of salt
- Kneed all ingredients for crush together until dough forms desired thickness for pie crust.
- Mold crust dough into a cupcake or mini pie pan.
- Preheat over to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In large sauce pan, whisk eggs over medium heat. Mix in pumpkin puree and vanilla until the texture is even and smooth.
- Add in the pie spice, stevia, coconut sugar, Cinnamon Bark Vitality, and salt.
- Continue mixing over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then mix in the Greek yogurt until texture is smooth.
- Pour pumpkin filling mixture into each pie crust and bake for about 20 minutes (or until tops have browned).
- Top with Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Granola. (If that isn’t available, use your favorite organic granola.)
- Let cool and enjoy!
Thieves Vitality Pumpkin Seeds (for Homemade Cracker Jacks)
You do not even need the Cracker Jacks these taste so good on their own! If want a tasty recipe to add it to though, try this one.
DIY Brown Sugar and Pumpkin Scrub
Soon, ALL things pumpkin will invade your home. But are you ready for pumpkin to join your skin care products too?! Stay ahead of the cold, dry days and nourish your skin with this yummy DIY brown sugar and pumpkin scrub infused with essential oils to promote glowing, healthier-looking skin for this season!
- ½ cup organic, sugar-free pumpkin puree
- ½ cup organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 drop of Cedarwood essential oil
- 1 drop of Frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop of Helichrysum essential oil
- In a glass jar, mix all of the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is achieved.
- Gently apply on clean skin and scrub with circular motions. After scrubbing, let mixture sit on skin for 5-10 minutes before rinsing. Can be used on face and body.
- Best if done in the shower to avoid a mess.
- Seal and refrigerate for freshness, and use within five days of mixing.
Here’s a few reasons we chose these ingredients!
- Pumpkin puree: this orange vegetable is packed with vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene. When used topically, it promotes healthy-looking skin and hair.
- Sugar: natural humectant; it helps the skin retain moisture and gently exfoliates.
- Coconut oil: has many benefits for the skin. In this scrub, it’s for moisturizing.
- Cedarwood essential oil:
- Contains naturally occurring constituents that are high in sesquiterpenes, including alpha-himachalene, alpha-himachalene, and gamma-himachalene
- Has a soothing sensation when applied to minor, everyday skin irritations
- Helps maintain the appearance of healthy, youthful skin -Is conditioning to the scalp and hair
- Is cleansing to the skin when applied topically
- Can be massaged into the scalp for the appearance of thick, healthy-looking hair
- Frankincense essential oil:
- Contains the naturally occurring constituents alpha-pinene, limonene, sabinene, and beta-caryophyllene
- Can be used for massage after activity
- Can be applied topically to promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin and to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone
- Helichrysum essential oil:
- Contains the naturally occurring constituents neryl acetate, gamma-curcumene, and alpha-pinene
- Promotes the appearance of youthful, healthy-looking skin
- Has skin-cleansing properties
- Reduces the appearance and texture of uneven skin tone
- Promotes a youthful, glowing complexion
Buy the oils for this scrub here, then connect with me for other uses these oils are great for!
Pumpkin Preserve Spray
One of the most popular October activities is carving pumpkins! After you’ve carved your masterpiece, keep your jack-o’-lantern looking perky and fresh with a natural preserve spray! This recipe features two of Young Living’s most popular oils, each containing powerful constituents.Combine Thieves and Peppermint essential oils with witch hazel in a 4 oz spray bottle. Fill the rest up with water and spray your pumpkin generously. Spray again every 1-2 days as needed.
Buy the oils for this spray here.
Pumpkin Preserve Spray (With Thieves Cleaner)
We received this one from our friends at Well-Styled Essentials.
- 16 Ounce glass spray bottle
- 2 capfuls of Thieves Household cleaner
After carving your pumpkin, wash the inside and out (preferably with Thieves Foaming Hand Soap or Thieves Dish Soap). Spray the pumpkin daily (inside and out) with your Thieves House Cleaner mixture.
Pumpkin Spice Thieves Household Cleaner
Pumpkin Spice Thieves Household Cleaner will be the best thing that ever happened to your house! Make your home smell like fall while you clean! Add 2 drops of Orange, 2 drops of Nutmeg, and 2 drops of Cinnamon essential oil to your diluted Thieves Cleaner. You can also try adding a drop of Cardamon, Clove, or Ginger!
Who is ready to try this in their home? Order your bundle here to make this mixture.
These make a great gift for your friends and family, coworkers, kids’ teachers, and clients!
Fall Diffuser Blend Recipes
Make your home smell like Pumpkin Spice without all the harsh chemicals from candles and plug-ins. You will want to wrap yourself in blanket and sip on a warm cup of spiced orange cider because this blend will make you feel right at home and ready for the holidays! All you need is Orange, Nutmeg and Clove essential oils! These oils not only smell good, they also have many benefits! For this deliciously warm blend combine the following oils in your diffuser:
- 5 drops of Orange essential oil
- 3 drop of Nutmeg essential oil
- 2 drops of Clove essential oil
This is a great diffuser blend for Autumn (Fall) because it will make your whole home feel warm and toasty, and keep everyone uplifted and harmonized! Once you try this combo, you won’t be able to get enough!
- Orange Essential Oil:
- Orange essential oil, cold-pressed from the rinds of oranges, has a juicy aroma reminiscent of the fresh fruit.
- Offers a sweet, peaceful aroma that can fill a room with a sense of peace, harmony, and creativity.
- A great seasonal scent for both warm and cool months.
- Nutmeg Essential Oil:
- Nutmeg has a warm, spicy aroma that is energizing and uplifting.
- Nutmeg essential oil blends well with Orange, Clary Sage, any Eucalyptus, and Ginger.
- Clove Essential Oil:
- Has a spicy, warm scent that’s instantly familiar because of its connection to fall and winter holidays.
- Is distilled from the culinary spice clove, which has been used for thousands of years
- Contains eugenol which makes it a potent and powerful essential oil
- Clove oil uses include topical applications such as massage oils and personal care products.
Here are some others to try below that go a little beyond Pumpkin Spice.
I am a Young Living Brand Partner (#2298760). Any information I share is from personal experience and I suggest you speak with your Health Professional to determine what will work for you, as I am not a doctor and cannot provide health advice for you specifically.
If you would like to order any oils, visit here for a searchable site, visit www.myyl.com/ShellVera to see the oils / products I suggest and see bundles I’ve already created, or read this post to see the current promotional gifts.
If you purchase any of the oils on this page, I will earn a commission if you purchase them from the links I have provided since I am a Young Living Brand Partner.